Page 2 of 2

Re: Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017 1:24

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:11 pm
by jchrisf
That's a beauty Gary.. love this car.

Re: Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017 1:24

Posted: Sat May 30, 2020 10:08 am
by Kevthemodeller
Superb :clap: :clap:

Re: Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017 1:24

Posted: Sat May 30, 2020 10:13 pm
by Gary30
Cheers chaps. I 2K’d the clear parts today (not something you hear every day!) and I think they turned out ok, just curing for a couple of days and then I’ll wet sand and polish, no fogging or any other nasty surprises which was nice!

I also got the ‘black bits’ painted on the car, starting to come to life now the details are being picked out, I’m useless with a hairy stick so spent the time masking of and painting with the AB for these little details, headlight buckets, windscreen wiper, air vents etc, could’ve done them in 5 mins by hand with a brush but I think the extra time taken to mask everything is worth it.

Image

Just final assembly now once everything is cured and polished, nothing else left on this one.

Re: Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017 1:24

Posted: Sat May 30, 2020 10:35 pm
by jchrisf
That clear looks perfect to me.

Re: Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017 1:24

Posted: Sat May 30, 2020 11:05 pm
by digger303
:th: :th: :cheers2:

Re: Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017 1:24

Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 7:34 am
by Hawkmoon
:thumb2: :clap: :clap: Nicely done on the clear and looking good :thumb2: :th:

Re: Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017 1:24

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:25 pm
by Gary30
Calling this done now, I’ll post up some decent photos tomorrow once I dig the camera out, pretty happy with this one, it’s a bit of a fighter though, for anyone building it, just take your time and dry fit everything....twice!

Image

Next up on the bench for me....is another Ford I think....but which one :think: :thumb1:

Thanks for the support on this one everyone, I’ll update tomorrow with the final pics link.

Cheers!

Re: Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017 1:24

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:20 pm
by barryf1fan
Gary30 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:25 pm Calling this done now, I’ll post up some decent photos tomorrow once I dig the camera out, pretty happy with this one, it’s a bit of a fighter though, for anyone building it, just take your time and dry fit everything....twice!

Image

Next up on the bench for me....is another Ford I think....but which one :think: :thumb1:

Thanks for the support on this one everyone, I’ll update tomorrow with the final pics link.

Cheers!
Image

Nice one Gary!! love it and such an awesome livery, looks soooo good! :clap: :clap: :thumb2:

Re: Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017 1:24

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:30 pm
by ryan81
Great finish Gary. That paint job can't have been easy, especially with the stripe so kudos to you.

Can confirm, dry fitting Revell kits multiple times is well worth it - can be a bit of a squeeze

Re: Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017 1:24

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:34 pm
by jchrisf
Sweet.. such a monster build and you did it pretty quickly.

Re: Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017 1:24

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:19 pm
by digger303
:bow:: :bow:: :cheers2:

Re: Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017 1:24

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:38 am
by Gary30
Final reveal pics HERE

Thanks again for the enthusiasm on this one everyone :cheers2:

Re: Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017 1:24

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:53 am
by Kevthemodeller
Superb result Gary :clap: :clap: