Favourite tools and things

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
Kelvgood1
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:59 am
Location: Portsmouth uk

Favourite tools and things

Post by Kelvgood1 »

We all have a Selecton of tools and things that we tend to use time and time again and also we sometimes buy a new thing and think to ourselves why we never got it sooner

Whilst wtg for something to dry I took a photo of some of the tools I use a lot and new things I think are fantastic
Out of this picture things which are great
PE Cutting mat and holder, I also use this for plastic small parts as well
Number 9 blade for my scalpel, great for getting that flat edge when cutting
Flexi file, great for smoothing out curves
And Mr Cement, best way of sticking things together

WHAT'S YOUR FAV TOOLS ETC ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by Paul »

I got far too many favs, i would just bore you all with a pic of loads of tools.

I have way too many tools.
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by Nige201980 »

All mine are pound land buys

Image
Image

And Jims fav clamps £1 for 4 I think

Image
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by Coen »

Paul wrote:I got far too many favs, i would just bore you all with a pic of loads of tools.

I have way too many tools.

So... bore us with your most favourites Paul... come on give!!!
User avatar
Tiger131
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1701
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 3:44 pm
Location: walsall
England

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by Tiger131 »

goodies one of the best thing about this hobby lots of tools that the misses hasn't got a clue what there for here are my favorite three
Image
Image
Image
Image
look forward to seeing your and you can give more ideas what to buy
Image
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by Lee »

Where did you get that chopper II mate?
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Tiger131
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1701
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 3:44 pm
Location: walsall
England

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by Tiger131 »

i got it from EMA MODELS sorry i dont know how to do that link address superb shop
Image
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by Paul »

Tiger131 wrote:i got it from EMA MODELS sorry i dont know how to do that link address superb shop
Here's you go guys

http://www.ema-models.co.uk/index.php/h ... er-ii.html
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by Coen »

Is that an articulated vise?
WOW!
I've got one of those choppers... but that vise.... Mmmmmm
User avatar
Tiger131
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1701
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 3:44 pm
Location: walsall
England

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by Tiger131 »

coen its the best thing i brought i had to have it imported from the states it use to be clean and shiny but that changed quick it can hold a right weight ..its called panavise look it up you will never look back
Image
User avatar
Kelvgood1
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:59 am
Location: Portsmouth uk

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by Kelvgood1 »

Some good stuff, it would great to see the strangest thing and who can guess what it is etc
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by Coen »

THANKS TIGER!!!!
Awesome... I found some on Amazon.ca.
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by schweinhund227 »

Coen wrote:THANKS TIGER!!!!
Awesome... I found some on Amazon.ca.
I used one almost everyday in my old job!
We used it to hold Circuit boards while fixing them! Very versatile!

Good luck with yours!
User avatar
HamilkarBarkas
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: "Augschburg" Augsburg/Germany

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by HamilkarBarkas »

my favourite tool...my hands obviously :) the airbrush is pretty handy i have to admit!
User avatar
Tiger131
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1701
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 3:44 pm
Location: walsall
England

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by Tiger131 »

Coen wrote:THANKS TIGER!!!!
Awesome... I found some on Amazon.ca.
no probs well worth the money so much so i think im going to purchase another type of bracket
Image
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Favourite tools and things

Post by chief5437 »

My best buy so far has got to be the flory models sanding/polishing sticks. After using the pound shop stuff for ages, I splashed out on these, and I must say, they are a huge improvement! I kick myself for not getting them sooner. When I ordered them, I was a bit tipsy (that's when I do most of my shopping!) so I got the full set of washes as well. I've had a bottle of the dark dirt and mud brown for about six years now, and the versatility is amazing. If you watch his vids on YouTube you can see a multitude of uses for them.

PS. I am in no way affiliated with Flory models products, I just think they are real quality stuff made specifically for us modellers!
Chief
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”