Page 1 of 2

Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:00 am
by Coen
I started a new build a couple of days ago, one that I've been looking to do for some time now. There's just been a lot of other big projects on the go lately so it never got started.
I've built nearly all of the vehicles that Michael Wittmann commanded during his service in WWII, all but his panzer III.
Between commanding a Stug and switching to a tiger, he commanded a panzer III Ausf N for a short time. Just before Operation Zitadelle. The end of winter 1943 to the beginning of spring saw Wittmann ride in a stug, a panzer III and then the tiger.

The kit that I will use is a gunze sangyo kit that I got from Paul last summer. It's a hell of a nice kit considering it's era. I didn't have to do a lot to it out of the box. I replaced a few small bits, but for the most part she built well right out of the box. I was going to use the kit tracks but I found a half assembled, Ultimate burnished set of fruilmodel tracks in my spares bin.
So I used that. The kit tracks weren't responding well to TET and to be honest... I was getting pissed right off at them.


I have a small vignette in mind for it, so hopefully that will work out well.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image










Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:55 pm
by arkbuilder2012
Impressive!!! I'd forgotten how nice those Gunze kits were. Cost a fortune back in the day.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:18 pm
by Coen
They still do most places.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:29 pm
by Kingdan
Looks a beast might try me some armour one of these days :-)

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:39 pm
by panzerdodge
What a great looking kit can't wait to see the end result. By the way are there any pictures of Wittmann's Panzer III any where?.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:40 pm
by Coen
None that I'm aware of ... And I've been looking for a few years.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:53 pm
by TheTroyster
This thing looks cool without any paint - just leave it this way and pass it off as some steampunk something. Or not.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:15 am
by mannloon
panzerdodge wrote:What a great looking kit can't wait to see the end result. By the way are there any pictures of Wittmann's Panzer III any where?.
The closest thing you could get to seeing a picture of Wittmann's Panzer III is to look at any images of "light platoon" Panzer IIIs of LSSAH at the third battle of Kharkov. The timeline for Wittmann in 43 is the subject of some debate. What is known is that during that battle he was still commanding a Panzer III (Mid Feb 43) and that by Kursk in July of course he was commanding his Tiger.

The debate surrounds when he received his Tiger, which would dictate depending on it's delivery date, when it was manufactured and therefore what features it would have had. This may not seem like a huge deal but a lot changed in those months on the Tiger. So, kits like Dragon's 1331 Wittmann Tiger have been designed using photographs of tanks in the same unit in the same place and time.

I would follow the same procedure with any vehicle that i was researching. The problem is this is still just guesswork. Otto Carius's Mid Tiger for instance had many special features we just could never have known about had photographs not survived the war.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:26 pm
by PanzerGarage
What a great looking kit can't wait to see the end result. I will have a look to see if I come across anything that may assist.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:14 pm
by Coen
The panzer III is mostly finished now, I may yet add a few small things like stowage frames and incidentals.
I replaced the kit tracks for a set of Fruilmodelisimo tracks that I found in my spares bins. They were even pre-burnished with Ultimate.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

It was a wonderful little kit that fell together like pancakes and syrup. A total treat to build.

I decided that I wanted a small diorama to go with it as well, I figured maybe a bridge... ;) and a knocked out soviet tank to go along with it.

First... a scratch build bridge made from assorted sized dowels and coffee stirrers. Took about an hour while chatting with the fellas on a hang out.

ImageImage

Image

I thought maybe this base at first, but the fellas suggested something bigger.

Image

So I went with this one. A Bridge Over Perineum I think I'll call it ;)
A knocked out Soviet T-37M in a river with the panzer III crossing the bridge next to it.
Nice and simple.

Image
Image









Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:08 pm
by Jip
What a metal parts, it looks very impressive!

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:00 pm
by MarkVerploeg
Nice build so far
I like the bridge ,they are so simple to make but still looks so cool
And when you know you made it your self it is even better as i think mot everything has to be in a kit
Some things you can do without much trouble
I didn't know Wittmann had a Ausf. N though , only that he had a Panzer III at some point
But i still have 1 question , the turret looks a bit big for a Panzer III and since this has the same gun as the Panzer IV had in it's early versions is it a Panzer IV turret
I was wondering because i have a Beob Panzer III and those had modified Panzer IV turret wich where bigger then the original Panzer III turret although they do look the same for the most part
Anyway keep up the good work

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:11 am
by Coen
As far as I know, the only variant that had a different turret is the beob ausf K. I'm assuming that's the one that you're talking about.
All of the others has the same turret but had larger or smaller modifications to the frontal armour and to the gun mounts, depending on which weapon was installed.
Out of curiosity, I compared this turret to the turrets of two Pz IIIs that I have that are dragon kits and they're all the same size.
I did notice that the hull on this kit seem a bit out of whack, a bit wide and short for a panzer III. That might be what is messing with how the turret appears.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:00 am
by Coen
A bit of a burnt umber oil wash to age the wood before bed.


Image


Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:42 am
by TheTroyster
Did this tank - or was this tank - equipped with a 37mm gun?

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:36 am
by lucasner
You're a beast, Coen!

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:25 am
by Coen
lucasner wrote:You're a beast, Coen!

Hahahaha! Made me laugh. Yer silly.


TheTroyster wrote:Did this tank - or was this tank - equipped with a 37mm gun?
Types A,b,c,d,e, and g had 3.7cm guns. Not this one though.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:12 am
by MarkVerploeg
Coen wrote:As far as I know, the only variant that had a different turret is the beob ausf K. I'm assuming that's the one that you're talking about.
All of the others has the same turret but had larger or smaller modifications to the frontal armour and to the gun mounts, depending on which weapon was installed.
Out of curiosity, I compared this turret to the turrets of two Pz IIIs that I have that are dragon kits and they're all the same size.
I did notice that the hull on this kit seem a bit out of whack, a bit wide and short for a panzer III. That might be what is messing with how the turret appears.
I see
I can't remember wich Ausf. It was so i think you could be right
Thanks for taking a look at this

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:49 am
by Coen
A bit of lamp black oil wash for the round cut logs, a grey wash for the boards and beams with a burn umber wash on top of that to show the grain.

Image

Image



Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:44 pm
by PanzerGarage
awesome mate...I like how it just keeps growing....can't wait to see what you do next

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:19 pm
by OliveDrab
Its always a treat to follow your builds Mike! As usual another fantastic build going :th: :th:

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:40 pm
by rodrant
Again a very nice build ! Like a lot the Bridge , and made in one hour ! Wow ! Will look a very nice diorama and one more to follow !

Oh I like the tank also buddy ;-)

:cheers2:

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:43 pm
by TheTroyster
Now that I have a big boy computer screen in front of me I can actually read the small print on the box which states the size of the gun...

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:45 pm
by Coen
Thanks fellas :D :cheers2:


Started work on the base itself today.
The edges were walled up with foamboard and the interior filled with cardboard filler.

Image
Image
Image
Image

Then I mixed up some celluclay and black paint to create the surface.

ImageImage


Then some stones are emebedded while the mix is still wet.
I also built up the road surface and added some wooden reinforcement to the underside of the bridges.

ImageImage

Next I added some ground scatter and small stones and sticks.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Then some figures and a mock up.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image











Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:36 pm
by MikeyKb
incredibly gorgeous work, as always.
just. wow!
You gonna have some water running under that bridge?
Also, do you buy your celluclay, or make your own?

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:53 pm
by Coen
Yup... There will be water... I haven't decided if it will be rushing, running, or a frozen thing as yet.
The scene is supposed to represent the eastern front during the late winter early spring of March/April 1943. So all are possible.
I buy my celluclay from Michaels... Use the White, not the grey stuff. It cracks less.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:18 pm
by Coen
While I waiting for the base to dry I got to work on the figures and the vehicles.
Base painting, decaling, and detail painting.

A bit of ammo Russian greens for the t37...

Image

And some mid war colours for the panzer three. It was difficult to narrow down a camo pattern for the panzer III as there wasn't a tonne of solid material on it. Most of the info that you find for this period gets over shadowed by the arguments about when and what tiger wittmann was issued in May.
I did find that wittmann was either in a panzer III M or N during this time, there is some debate on this, some say that he may even have ridden in a J, but his vehicle number was most likely 4L1. An unusual one to me.
I'm using an N because it's what I have in my stores and no one knows for sure what he rode in.

Image

Image

Image


I also got the figures painted and ready for washes...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Next is gloss coats for the tanks then chipping, and glosses for the figures then washes.





Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:24 pm
by MikeyKb
love those figures, Mike!
Where are they from?

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:00 pm
by Jagdpanzer
Figures in particular are outstanding in an excellent piece of work overall.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:19 pm
by Kingdan
Awesome awesome awesome :bow:: :bow:: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:29 pm
by Nige201980
OMG your at it again every time I look at your work my jaw just drops. Simply stunning no other words needed.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:58 pm
by Coen
Thanks Fellas :cheers2:
MikeyKb wrote:love those figures, Mike!
Where are they from?
It's dragons figure set 6518

here' a link to a set on scale hobbyist https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagorie ... ngrad,1943

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:59 pm
by MikeyKb
Coen wrote:Thanks Fellas :cheers2:
MikeyKb wrote:love those figures, Mike!
Where are they from?
It's dragons figure set 6518

here' a link to a set on scale hobbyist https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagorie ... ngrad,1943
Thanks, bud.
Do you use Scaelhobbyist often? You've recommended it to me before, and I just tried comparing the price of those figures to that on ebay (haven't been able to track them down on luckymodel...) do you find things are generally cheaper (even with the xchange rate) from this site?
Just wondering.

Hope you're well.
:cheers2:

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:29 pm
by Coen
Simply put, for me it can be.

I buy nothing in Canada sadly. I can't afford it.
With the taxes and the silly shipping prices venders need to charge here, the prices are ridiculous for almost every product that I need.
A kit at my local shop going for $100 plus the 15% sales tax and the 40 minutes of driving and gas, can't compare to the same kit for 59.99 in Asia with $18 shipping marked as a low value invoice.
Canada dollar is so bad right now and has been for a while that I haven't bought much of anything in some time. A few odds and ends and a couple of cheap kits from friends.
Scale hobbyist is cheaper than some, but Asia is usually the cheapest for me.
I used to shop at Hobbylinc USA and dragon USA, but they don't allow PayPal (dragon flat out doesn't have it and Hobbylinc won't let you use it on international orders). So I stopped shopping there a few years ago. They both zapped my credit card more than once.
Now it's... No PayPal no purchase.
And if they charge me for using it.... I won't shop either.
So my options are limited. My money... I'll spend it my way right. :)

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:57 am
by mannloon
Those figures are one of the coolest 1/35 scale things I've seen in a long time. Those coats blow me away.

If I'm not buying from ebay (which I almost always do) it's scalehobbyist for me. Great place.

As to the Panzer III type Wittmann road in. You're right, there is no way to know. I've always heard L/M, and that's what all of the pictures of his unit at Kharkov were in. But he was charged with defending the Tiger tanks from infantry, so being in an N would have made sense. And whenever the establishment of this or any other well known unknown says an un-provable thing is so, I wonder just who they are quoting.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:43 am
by Coen
I tend to avoid using information that I find on the internet in my research, unless I can vet it against acceptable printed material by respected historians and authors. Normally I hit the books first, then use the internet to help me find more books or to help me ask more questions, which leads me to yet more books. The Wild West nature of the internet makes it a highly unreliable source of information for me. I use bits and pieces only to speed things along, not as a go to source.
Many of the sites that I looked at for information used one single source for their references and didn't really say why they chose it.. if they stated it at all. I like a more open minded less soap box presentation of history than what some of the sites offer.

Work update for yesterday and today.

Glosses are on everything and I slopped some Ultimate Dark Dirt on the vehicles and some oils on the figures.

ImageImageImage

Then removed with cottonbuds and water.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Did some work on the pz III tracks as well. They were already burnished with Ultimate fluid, so I added some Ultimate Earth wash for a nice deep worn tone.
I brushed it off with a stiff brush once it was dry...

ImageImageImage

Some oils added to the figures... a lamp black oil wash and a tiny amount of burnt umber to the faces.

ImageImage

Then a flat coat for everything... testors dullcote.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Then a bit of chipping with Vallejo Model Colour's Germ. Cam. Black Brown and then drybrushing with AMMO's gunmetal and a little work with an HB pencil to highlight the larger chips and areas of high wear.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Then I added two coats of Ultimate Winter Wash to the T-37.
I added two coats by brush because I'm lazy and hate masking... otherwise I would have sprayed it on.

ImageImageImage

Second coat...

ImageImageImageImageImage

Finally I added the tracks and wheels on the pz III so that they could be pigmented all together later.
That will be next along with chipping and weathering the winter wash on the T-37.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:47 am
by MikeyKb
gorgeous, Mike!

Do you use Hobby Link Japan at all? I use them ALL the time, SO CHEAP, most of the stuff I order (Acc, P.E, after market stuff, decals...) all has free shipping too! ...AND take paypal.
Trust me, I know your pain with the Canadian dollar. Worth nothing. it's infuriating, since we're a MUCH better country, all around, then at least the United States :P ... However, I do find the prices at my new LHS on the West Coast MUCH cheaper, with a much larger selection, which is due to cheaper taxes, and, the unfortunate truth, it's not at the ends of the world in Nova Scotia anymore :lol:

Everything was stupid expensive out there compared to everywhere else I've lived in this country of ours


Cheers.
:cheers2:

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:32 am
by Coen
I use them off and on. I find that a lot of the time when I go looking for something there it's out of stock though.
I was buying all the bandai Star Wars stuff from there since it was so cheap.
When Disney shuts it down I'll have to buy them from eBay.
When I was I Ottawa for 8 months a few years ago I discovered how cheap everything was everywhere else.
Same when I was in BC. The trouble with those places though... They aren't home.
As expensive as it is... This is home and I'll stay here till I pack it in.
I'm that sort of crazy hahaha.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:57 am
by arkbuilder2012
Superb!! Tank looks great. Like those ground troops - they're making me shiver.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:25 am
by PanzerGarage
Mike, that is fantastic. I don't know how you manage to turn these models around so quickly - this would take me months to do.
Those figures in particular are outstanding - I found myself just staring at them. How you get that level of detail is beyond me.
Glad to see you went with an N model. As you well know with the debate over the Tiger, know one actually knows for sure either way so its good to get the establishment thinking now and then
Look forward to seeing the finished dio mate

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:34 am
by MikeyKb
hahahahaha I get that. I've been moving around so much for so long that (unfortunately) I don't have any roots anywhere specific. But, time will tell. As far as I know, they've already nixed the Bandai Star Wars kit purchasing, however you can still find the kits on ebay. Lots of their stuff is out of stock, true. But LuckyModel always has things in stock, or on reorder - I LOVE luckymodel!! definitely my #1

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:10 pm
by Kingdan
:banana: :banana: :banana: :jd: :jd: great work Mike

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:43 pm
by Coen
The second coat of the Ultimate Winter Wash on the t-37 has been added and wear effects added.
Basically the wash is added to the flat varnished surface then allowed to dry, once dry it's abused with an assortment of stiff brushes, cotton buds, and sponges. Later it will get a flat coat to seal it in.

Image
Image
Image

Then I took all the main elements of the diorama and mocked them up pre-weathering, mostly to help me to decide if I want to make a winter dio or a muddy early spring diorama.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Next I gave the Panzer III it's winter camo.
Ultimate Winter Wash over a gloss surface this time. I haven't used it over a gloss surface as yet, so I wanted to see what features I could achieve.
I brushed it on in two coats, making the coats on the sides of the vehicle thicker than the top surfaces of the vehicle.
Then I dampened a medium soft bristled wide brush and used it to damage the surface as if from crew passage and add rain streaks to the sides of the vertical surfaces. I wanted it to look like it had been a while since the camo was added and it was nearly worn off now.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Then I sealed it all under a coat of Testor's Dullcote, let that dry and added a few rust streaks to the larger chipped areas.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Next I added some Ultimate Earth Wash to the lower hull behind the wheels, the wheels themselves (minus the rubber faces of the tyres), the tracks, the bow and rear plates.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Next will be some dried mud spatter effects and a little bit of pigment work, dirt and soot.











Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:42 pm
by Diverrob
Looks amazing,Mike. Thank you for sharing your work.

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:06 am
by felisbarcinonensis
Love it Michael!! Impressive!!!!

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:05 am
by TheTroyster
Hey Michael,

I must be going crazy but I could have sworn you had a picture and the name of the white plaster stuff you use for the base? I came back here to write that brand and name down and can't find it - can you give the name and brand again please? Going to try it on a Vietnam build I think I'll do next.

UPDATE Found it celluclay - sometimes I worry about myself.

Thanks for your comments on my Pax build, I closely followed your build - used different washes - and it pushed my skills to a new level, but I just took my time, didn't force anything and am happy with results. Thanks again for documenting all these great builds it helps me, and others I hope, a lot.

Troy

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:01 am
by OliveDrab
Fantastic stuff Coen, all of it...the Panzer III and the figures winter coats are especially impressive :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:55 pm
by hansolo
Damn Mike, how could I have missed this thread till now!
This is totally awesome stuff! I love the Panzer III, it's one of my favorites.
Excellent job, painting. That dio is darn good! Love the bridge!!! Are you gonna do water too?
And one special note on those figures: Those coats are painted SICK GOOOOD!!! :jd: :jd: :jd: :jd: :jd:
And awesome figures BTW.. :th:

Can't wait to see more!

Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:32 am
by Coen
Thanks Fellas!! :cheers2:
I get just as much from your posts as you do mine. Probably more though... a lot more.
I've learned a huge amount from what you fellas all do, no matter what level of experience you're at. There's always something there that can inspire or trigger a new line of thinking on how I do things.
I can't tell you how much all of your work has done for me and my hobby.
If my sloppy skills and fly by the seat of my pants builds can return half of what all of you have given me than I consider myself lucky.
:bow:: :bow:: :bow::

The last week or so I've been spending a lot of time working on my Out of a Pickle diorama for the Hind buddy build, but when ever I get a chance I would add a bit of paint to the figures or another layer of water to the stream bed for the diorama.
That takes forever... 2-4 mm at a time and a 24 hour setting time between layers... to a total of about 1.5mm deep in places.
That was where it started...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Then I got the crazy idea to maybe add a second panzer III to the diorama, this time an Ausf M. Maybe even to replace the Ausf N depending on the result when it was finished...
I also decided to add a couple more figures.
That has also slowed things up a bit.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage


Here's where it sits at the moment. I'm still trying to decide if I want the stream bed to be a frozen one or a flowing one. The difference would be that I add some wave effects with some crystal gel for flowing water, or some snow and frost effects for the frozen surface.
Neither is difficult, but it will change the end look of the piece quite a bit... so I'm a bit stuck.
I've never done either effect before so I'm dithering about it.

ImageImageImageImage









Re: Wittmann's Panzer III Ausf.N ala Gunze Sangyo

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:51 am
by TheTroyster
Imo I'd say go frozen, making the whole diorama look a little colder will match up better with those German's winter clothing.