Greetings from Leeds (ish)

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
RustyWarrior
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:56 pm
Location: Leeds, UK
England

Greetings from Leeds (ish)

Post by RustyWarrior »

Long time lurker finally taking the plunge :banana: and having hung around as a guest for a year or so now I feel I already know a lot of you regulars - there are some seriously skilled people out there :bow::

I used to bodge model kits as a kid back in the 70's and have dipped in and out ever since but never really sticking with it due to a lack of room (barrack blocks not being exactly conducive to the hobby) and then time... having to work for a living came as a real shock after the RAF lol. So here I am back on a scene that's changed beyond all recognition... I kind of get a feeling of how my grandsons would if I put them back in 1969 and told them to play a game and then watching them hunting for a PS4.

Got a good load of basic kit (and some basic kits) to get me started again but bare with me whilst I make a pillock of myself as I develop the abilities to match my imagination. I hope.

Cheers.
I just added another one to the, "What the HELL was I thinking list..."
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Greetings from Leeds (ish)

Post by Paul »

Welcome to ism :)
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Greetings from Leeds (ish)

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
SMAddict66
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:33 am
Location: Redditch, UK
England

Re: Greetings from Leeds (ish)

Post by SMAddict66 »

:welcome: :hi:

As you'll have seen from your "lurking" history :lol: , the folks on the forum are really open to helping fellow modellers regardless of age, gender or experience. As you say there are quite a few real talents on the forum, but don't worry, there's at least me who is not so talented and just enjoys a really fulfilling hobby.
Phil
On the bench - Trumpeter 1/32 Fairey Swordfish
Just off the bench - Airfix 1/48 Buccaneer S2B
Next on the bench - Airfix 1/48 EE Lightning F2A/F6
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Greetings from Leeds (ish)

Post by Avgas »

:welcome:
there's at least me who is not so talented and just enjoys a really fulfilling hobby.
Me too!! That's the great thing about this hobby, you can go really deep into it or just really enjoy OOB builds.
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Novorus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:03 pm
Location: Hertfordshire
Great Britain

Re: Greetings from Leeds (ish)

Post by Novorus »

Welcome, it's a great place and everyone is always willing to help.
James
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZnEdt ... s3LTfQW4Eg Remember like, share and subscribe
Remember the 20th March 2020 is the Model Officer Mess birthday bash, come and join in."Fokker's Foe's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/217021638777483/
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”