Page 1 of 1

Greetings from Leeds (ish)

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:35 pm
by RustyWarrior
Long time lurker finally taking the plunge :banana: and having hung around as a guest for a year or so now I feel I already know a lot of you regulars - there are some seriously skilled people out there :bow::

I used to bodge model kits as a kid back in the 70's and have dipped in and out ever since but never really sticking with it due to a lack of room (barrack blocks not being exactly conducive to the hobby) and then time... having to work for a living came as a real shock after the RAF lol. So here I am back on a scene that's changed beyond all recognition... I kind of get a feeling of how my grandsons would if I put them back in 1969 and told them to play a game and then watching them hunting for a PS4.

Got a good load of basic kit (and some basic kits) to get me started again but bare with me whilst I make a pillock of myself as I develop the abilities to match my imagination. I hope.

Cheers.

Re: Greetings from Leeds (ish)

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:37 pm
by Paul
Welcome to ism :)

Re: Greetings from Leeds (ish)

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:46 pm
by Lee
Welcome to ISM :)

Re: Greetings from Leeds (ish)

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:54 pm
by SMAddict66
:welcome: :hi:

As you'll have seen from your "lurking" history :lol: , the folks on the forum are really open to helping fellow modellers regardless of age, gender or experience. As you say there are quite a few real talents on the forum, but don't worry, there's at least me who is not so talented and just enjoys a really fulfilling hobby.

Re: Greetings from Leeds (ish)

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:05 pm
by Avgas
:welcome:
there's at least me who is not so talented and just enjoys a really fulfilling hobby.
Me too!! That's the great thing about this hobby, you can go really deep into it or just really enjoy OOB builds.

Re: Greetings from Leeds (ish)

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:30 pm
by Novorus
Welcome, it's a great place and everyone is always willing to help.