WIP Meng TS-010 BMPT Terminator
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:27 pm
Hi everyone.
I've recently returned in scale modeling and want to show some photos of my progress in building the first kit, Meng kit BMPT Terminator. Used the camera of a mobile, so the quality of the photos isn't good enough. Sorry for it. I've almost completed building the body, just need to add some pieces on the rear side. Wheels, tracks, and additional side armor shields are done too. As you can use, I had to use putty to fill gaps between some pieces, but it wasn't a big problem. After sanding applied with an airbrush the tiny layer of Tamiya liquid primer and everything is looking pretty good. At least, I hope so.
Right now I'm in the middle of building the tower and have met more problems with gaps between pieces. That is surprising for me because everyone says that Meng kits have super high quality. However, I don't think it will be hard to fill and sand these gaps.
I have some experience with glueing kits but can't say the same about my painting skills, so hope you will find some time for helping me. I'm going to use the following painting scheme: I've already bought appropriate Vallejo paints and Mig washes for sand and brown vehicles. Do you have any advice about filters which I might use?
Also, I have doubts about how to paint tracks. They are made from dark plastic and workable. What should I do with them in order to make them look more realistic?
Thank you for your attention.
PS Will post more photos asap.
I've recently returned in scale modeling and want to show some photos of my progress in building the first kit, Meng kit BMPT Terminator. Used the camera of a mobile, so the quality of the photos isn't good enough. Sorry for it. I've almost completed building the body, just need to add some pieces on the rear side. Wheels, tracks, and additional side armor shields are done too. As you can use, I had to use putty to fill gaps between some pieces, but it wasn't a big problem. After sanding applied with an airbrush the tiny layer of Tamiya liquid primer and everything is looking pretty good. At least, I hope so.
Right now I'm in the middle of building the tower and have met more problems with gaps between pieces. That is surprising for me because everyone says that Meng kits have super high quality. However, I don't think it will be hard to fill and sand these gaps.
I have some experience with glueing kits but can't say the same about my painting skills, so hope you will find some time for helping me. I'm going to use the following painting scheme: I've already bought appropriate Vallejo paints and Mig washes for sand and brown vehicles. Do you have any advice about filters which I might use?
Also, I have doubts about how to paint tracks. They are made from dark plastic and workable. What should I do with them in order to make them look more realistic?
Thank you for your attention.
PS Will post more photos asap.