Hello from Holland

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
Spitfire
Private
Private
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 11:53 pm

Hello from Holland

Post by Spitfire »

Hello everybody, my name is Ruben. I'm Dutch and living in Almere, that's in the middle of the Netherlands. I've been building modelkits since I was a kid, but there have been some gaps of years till now. I'm now back in the hobby for about two years and trying to be better every model I build. My focus have always been WWII aircraft, but recently I started a F-18 and a F-5. In a short period of time my stash grew from about 5 kits on the shelf for years, to 100+ :dance: . All of them being big plans off course and must haves. I'm also thinking about building some armour and a diorama, but I'm trying to keep it in the 1/48 range.

I came to this forum by looking at the video's on youtube. I think I can learn a lot here and maybe some day I can pass the knowledge on to somebody else.
User avatar
Cymru
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:32 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:
Wales

Re: Hello from Holland

Post by Cymru »

:welcome:
Hanger:
STASH
WIP:
Current Projects

Orange Air Virtual Airline
Orange Air - Flying the virtual skies since 1996
User avatar
Icemannique
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Finland

Re: Hello from Holland

Post by Icemannique »

:hi: :welcome:
Jari alias Jerry
User avatar
Vleugelmoer
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:06 pm
Location: Geleen, Limburg, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Hello from Holland

Post by Vleugelmoer »

Hallo Ruben and :welcome: to ISM from the South of The Netherlands. You lucky man being that close to the Airbrush shop in the country ;)

Look forward to seeing some of your work here on the forum.

As always veel modelbouw plezier en blijven plakken

Paul
Damm the glue is getting to me :crazy:

On the Bench:

1:35 Italeri Jeep Follow Me Jeep for the PTO GB
1:32 Revell F-4 Phantom for the Phantom Freaks SIG
Spitfire
Private
Private
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 11:53 pm

Re: Hello from Holland

Post by Spitfire »

Thanx everybody! And Paul (vleugelmoer), i'm indeed very lucky. I'm there on a weekly base for paint or a 'bakkie' (cup of coffee or thea)! As a mather of fact, I went there this morning. I had problems with both my H&S airbrushes and needle sets. Had a good chat with Eric and everything is working again.
Smiffy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:45 am

Re: Hello from Holland

Post by Smiffy »

:welcome:
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: Hello from Holland

Post by Schoof »

:welcome: :welcome:
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Hello from Holland

Post by Avgas »

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
SMAddict66
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:33 am
Location: Redditch, UK
England

Re: Hello from Holland

Post by SMAddict66 »

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Phil
On the bench - Trumpeter 1/32 Fairey Swordfish
Just off the bench - Airfix 1/48 Buccaneer S2B
Next on the bench - Airfix 1/48 EE Lightning F2A/F6
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Hello from Holland

Post by Kevthemodeller »

:welcome:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
AdamLuscombe
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:57 pm
Location: texas
United States of America

Re: Hello from Holland

Post by AdamLuscombe »

:welcome:
On the bench:
Dragon
1/35 Jagdpanzer IV L/48
Italeri
1/24 Ford Escort Mk. II
Spitfire
Private
Private
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 11:53 pm

Re: Hello from Holland

Post by Spitfire »

Thanx everybody!!
User avatar
Richp1969
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:45 am
Location: Gettysburg, PA United States
United States of America

Re: Hello from Holland

Post by Richp1969 »

Welcome aboard mate! :welcome:

Sincerely,

Richard
on my bench(since I do not have a bench yet)
Moebius 1/72 Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper 95% complete.
Revell's 1/48 Me 262 A-1a 10% complete.
Happy & Safe modeling everyone. :cheers2:
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”