Figure set advice sought/needed

Whether its tracked or wheeled, this is the place for it
Post Reply
chalkyw
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:49 pm
Location: Bristol, UK

Figure set advice sought/needed

Post by chalkyw »

Hi Gents (and ladies?),

After breaking my cherry at the weekend with my first post of a completed diorama, I think I need some help on the next one. As you can see from the pics below I've completed a 'somewhere in Normandy post D-Day' scene which depicts a M4A1 Sherman of 4th Armoured Brigade, 3rd County of London Yeomanry (fingers crossed thats ok?) and I'm happy with the diorama as is but think its missing a bit and a few more figures wouldn't go amiss and I'm a stuck as how to finish it. The original idea was just to have just the tank rolling down the road but I'm not so sure now!!

So my question is, does anyone have any recommendations for figure sets out there that might add to the scene either German or Commonwealth as I think it needs a bit more visual interest.

FYI - the tankers are from Ultracast (commander) and Tamiya, the base is Ikea picture frame with DAS groundwork, static grass and seam foam trees etc, and a few other bits and pieces, the gate is scratch built from balsa.

Any help is appreciated and also gentle critism of the diorama itself is welcome.

Thanks in adavnce
Chalky :cheers2:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Former Newbie seeking knowledge :hi:
User avatar
Sturm
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 639
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:04 am
Location: California,USA
United States of America

Re: Figure set advice sought/needed

Post by Sturm »

Very nice diorama buddy! You could add some German tank hunters hiding in the bushes.
Dragon makes some figures.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Excuses are tools of incompetence used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who use them seldom amount to anything."
User avatar
ForbesHutton
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am
Location: To,On,Ca
Scotland

Re: Figure set advice sought/needed

Post by ForbesHutton »

MASTER BOX:

Image

Image

Image

Mini Art:

Image

Dragon:

Image
Image
chalkyw
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:49 pm
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: Figure set advice sought/needed

Post by chalkyw »

Thanks guys, I've seen 2 of those kits on the web before but a couple of the others have given me a few ideas......just gotta wait for the postman now

Thanks again
Chalky :cheers2:
Former Newbie seeking knowledge :hi:
User avatar
HamilkarBarkas
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: "Augschburg" Augsburg/Germany

Re: Figure set advice sought/needed

Post by HamilkarBarkas »

What about these Dragon gents?

Image

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Armour & Military Vehicles”