Another Hello

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
TimEtraveller8
New Recruit
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:39 pm

Another Hello

Post by TimEtraveller8 »

Hi, Tim here.
I have just got back into modelling end of last year, after not touching a kit for 20years or so.
A college at work brought a kit in he had pulled out from his loft & announced he was going build it.
It was a Roden kit of a Bristol F.2B WW1 aircraft; I decided to join him & purchased a Roden kit of a Fokker D.VII.
We joined together & bought a set of Tamiya paints.

I've had a bit of shock how things have changed with the New products, Acrylic paints & Tamiya extra-thin etc.
I quickly found that my dried up Humbrols weren't up to date!
Also I have concluded that Roden kits probably aren't a good place to start!

I am really enjoying it though; I don't have any aptitude painting wise.
It's that area I am really trying to improve on.

I am currently building a 1/48 Apache Ah-64D.
I'm using two kits a Revell & an Academy kit (both inexpensive), I'm trying to make the UK version of the helicopter.
It is proving slightly more difficult than I expected, but I am enjoying it!

I seem to have collected a frightening stash in 6 months or so, I've had to stop all purchasing kits.
Trouble is I have just discovered PE & resin upgrades, Oh dear!

Tim.
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Another Hello

Post by Kevthemodeller »

:welcome:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
Cymru
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:32 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:
Wales

Re: Another Hello

Post by Cymru »

Hi & :welcome:
Don't forget to check out https://www.scalemates.com for even more kits, PE & AM :eeek:
Hanger:
STASH
WIP:
Current Projects

Orange Air Virtual Airline
Orange Air - Flying the virtual skies since 1996
TimEtraveller8
New Recruit
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:39 pm

Re: Another Hello

Post by TimEtraveller8 »

Hi Cymru,

Thanks for posting that,
I've just watched the Scalemates Stash Management Tutorial video, that looks really good.
Going to sign up for that.

Tim.
User avatar
Icemannique
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Finland

Re: Another Hello

Post by Icemannique »

:hi: :welcome:
Jari alias Jerry
User avatar
Les
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:53 am
Location: Westminster, Colorado, United States

Re: Another Hello

Post by Les »

:welcome: Welcome to the forums!
Image
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Another Hello

Post by Avgas »

:welcome:
Regards, Dave.
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”