BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Cars, trucks and bikes
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Finally landed on a kit project that has inspired me to continue with the build (thought about starting three different kits in the last 2 months)

Also seeing the brilliant wheel brake and hub set from KMP was part of the decision to do a service park/wheels on diorama (check out their website, they have some fantastic detail up sets). I have no pictures from before this stage, so apologies for the started condition...

I removed the doors and boot lid with the intention of hinging them. The finished model is to be up on service stands with the wheels off, using the KMP hub and brake set to add extra detail to the wheel arch areas. And to hopefully have the interior viewable through the open doors and boot.











I've decided to go open doors which I've resolved by using magnets - and with some 8x3x1mm flat magnets and cylindrical 5x2mm magnets, the door hinges swing in place but are also removable.

The boot I couldn't resolve with magnets, but a new 1/24 scale hinge set by decalcas works quite well so far. Sourced from spot model in Spain (I haven't seen them anywhere else) they are fine for use on this build with magnets to strengthen the boot when open or shut, but they seem very flimsy alone and didn't support the doors weight when I tested them. They don't seem very durable unfortunately, but work on this build so far. Jack stands are from the simil'r Ford focus wrc kit, which comes with doors already removed. Weirdly I kind of want to do some sort of gravel 'action' diorama with that car so am borrowing the stands for this build.

The inner boot and door sills weren't as difficult to scratch build as I thought, just experimented a bit at a time with them, and used a lot of filler to make good. A lot of patience and test fitting! lol









The front grille in the kit is closed, so I've had a look at that and opened in line with some stock images and added the photo etch from the kit. I do have the hobby design detail up kit to enable me to go all out on detail.

User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Update

I've done a little work on the floor pan to have a break from tearing my hair out with the boot, including some cigarette box foil paper kindly donated to make heat shielding through the tunnel area.





The suspension parts needed an upgrade with some cheap springs from ebay and a new strut from plastic rod. Hopefully should compliment the excellent KMP wheel hub parts eventually.





Here are the KMP detail parts for one corner, minus a mounting hub that's already glued to the suspension assembly



So far so good, I'll maybe get to paint something soon, lol
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Slight update. There's a lack of, well, anything in front of the engine and radiator parts on the kit. So I've boxed the front section in using the front part of the sump guard.







I had the same issue at the rear of the underside as the front, a lack of detail. The sump/undertray guards are intended to cover most of the rear area.
Using this reference image, I built in a little detail, just to stop the space being empty as I don't intend to attach the guards necessarily....











All maybe needs a little detailing as it looks a little clean for me? Then onto the wheel arches and suspension/braking parts from KMP...
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Whilst the KMP wheel hubs, brake disks, wheels and tyres are excellent, they are incorrect for my year of WRC fiesta. The wheels are fine, but the disks and hubs are intended for use with the newer belkits fiesta kits. The hubs are much flatter and wider than my reference pics show on the 2011 wrc fiesta.

So I've ground down the hubs to leave just the centres (squeaky bum time!) and have used some of the Hobby Design photo etch brake disk details and their calipers fit my version better too. Some artistic licence as always, but i'm happy with the result.








Going to add some brake line details before fitting, but these are painted and mocked up versions.
The chrome is a chrome self adhesive vinyl that i'm lucky enough to be able to source from work.





Got some work to do on the wheel arches before fitting these, I need to re-check my reference pics and have a think about those.
The springs for the suspension have been tricky to paint so far, i'm re-painting them later so we'll see how that goes...
Wilo
Private
Private
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:51 pm
England

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by Wilo »

Wow!!!! Looking amazing
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Superb detail work, great looking brakes assemblies :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
Hawkmoon
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2121
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:19 pm
England

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by Hawkmoon »

:thumb2: :clap: All looks good to me and very nice work :thumb2:
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

:cheers2: Thanks guys
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Finally sorted the wheel arches with extra detail and texture in the arch itself, and finally have the struts hubs in place, including some brake line detail that continues through on the rears to the interior where it will be visible...















And here's the whole (maybe) finished underside. The sump guards will be off the finished car and on display somehow, not sure yet...









Feels like it's taken an age to get them done and in place, I'm having a night off and a drink!
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Those suspension and brake units look sooooo good :banana: :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
jmurphy18
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1127
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:09 pm
Location: Newport News, VA
Contact:
United States of America

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by jmurphy18 »

nice details! The brakes, suspensions and other works look awesome!
John M
On the bench: Xanavi Nismo R-35
Hawkmoon
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2121
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:19 pm
England

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by Hawkmoon »

:thumb2: Looking good and nice work om the under chassis :clap: :th:
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

kevthemodeller
jmurphy18
Hawkmoon

Thanks guys!
Meliodas2019
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:20 pm
England

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by Meliodas2019 »

im with Kev, the brakes and suspension look incredible..this is going to be stunning once finished
amazing work
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Cheers melodias, the KMP wheel hub kit is great, and the hobby design photo etch detail kit is too. Lots of great stuff in the hobby design kit in particular. Loads of detail to try and add

I won't be able to use it all. Some will end its days in my carpet, its inevitable 😂😂😂
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

More updates, and errors

Start with some good news, the addition of some canvas bag/containers shown in the boot area on my reference pics.







The main bulk was shaped from plastic block into a 'ruffled up bag' shape, then wrapped in surgical tape to give an idea of the texture. The zip is some silver braided line, with a zip detail at the end out of styrene.

Bad news, the bulkhead in the stock kit doesn't allow space to add the pedal and under dash detail I wanted to try and go for. Extra bad news: the interior tub is glued onto the car underside (slaps forehead)

Having looked at some stock imagery, the angle of the bulkhead is too steep cmpared to the real car, which you can sort of see here.



Time to cut the bulkhead away around the blue lines then... with my Dremel... squeaky bum time!





Once the kit bulkhead was removed it showed the profile of the underside of the car, much more room to work with...

This is the new bulkhead with the beginnings of a new floor area and a new bulkhead wall between the arches.



And here's a connected tunnel and floor detail...





Relieved to have got that sorted, more to follow...
Last edited by paulowen7575 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

More updates

The pedals are pretty basic on the kit, so I've tried to create a pedal box from reference







And here is the Co driver's footrest. The centre part is made with medical tape to give a soft matt surface too.





And here both painted and in the car, along with a corrugated pipe detail running in behind the footplate. The front area of the pedal box is also medical tape cut around a Ford decal







More to follow
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Some lovely attention to detail Paul, the pedal box is superb :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Thanks kev, very fiddly!

Managed to stick most of what you can see there to most parts of my hands during the gluing stage 😂
User avatar
barryf1fan
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: Prev OK, now St. Cloud, FL
United States of America

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by barryf1fan »

I've read through this thread a couple'a three times now... just in awe every time I go through it. I see something in the pics I didn't see the time before. You are adding SO MUCH detail... Love it!! :banana:

:cheers2:
All of us get lost in the darkness, Dreamers learn to steer by the stars,
All of us do time in the gutter, Dreamers turn to look at the cars.

On the Bench: Fujimi Porsche 911 GT3 x2 - Flying Lizard 2011 GT3 cars, #80 & #81
Up Next: 1/20 Tamiya McLaren MP4/5 F1
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

barryf1fan wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:12 pm I've read through this thread a couple'a three times now... just in awe every time I go through it. I see something in the pics I didn't see the time before. You are adding SO MUCH detail... Love it!! :banana:

:cheers2:
Thanks barryf1fan, I'm enjoying trying to emulate as much detail as possible. It's taking a lot of time and patience, lol

I wasn't joking about losing bits in my carpet either, photo etch, newly made parts, the lot. Spent a lot of time under the table so far too 😂😂😂

Appreciate you looking though, everyone's comments are really motivating
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Mini update

I've started some work on the interior electrics, but am waiting for some awesome looking 1/24 scale cable ties by model factory hiro. Trying really hard to wait for them and no to just use some sort of tape to make my own ties for the electrical wiring







The photo etch mobile phone and carriage blows me away, its a renaissance detail kit for this model, but I'm fairly sure it's also on a detail up kit I have for the hasegawa Ford focus 2003 too? I've wanted to use the phone detail for ages!!!

I've built both the carriage and phone's thickness up with some very thin plasicard to give them more bulk. The electrical boxes on top of the strut are first attempts to give me an idea of size ect.

Work to do first, then I'll have a look at adding some wiring to those too.

Thanks for looking
User avatar
jmurphy18
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1127
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:09 pm
Location: Newport News, VA
Contact:
United States of America

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by jmurphy18 »

nice work and detail! Love the phone :)
John M
On the bench: Xanavi Nismo R-35
Hawkmoon
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2121
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:19 pm
England

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by Hawkmoon »

:th: Nice detailing and work going on here :clap: :thumb2:
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Thanks John
Thanks hawkmoon

The phone seems to be a rennaissance detail up thing, I'm sure I've seen it on more than one detail up set from them for 2000's rally cars. Wanted to try and use one for ages
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

More work at the rear of the interior, spare wheel and first part of roll cage fitted, with added detail from reference pics







Also managed to white knuckle my way to getting an alacantara effect on the dash. All making it up as I went, failed a few times and saved it.







Fairly happy with the result on the dash, but less so with the wheel. I'm thinking of stripping it and having another go. I replaced the kit moulded buttons with some aftermarket ones and some scratchbuilt panels to seat them in









But things went a bit wrong when trying to add texture to the wheel. This was also trial and error. Mostly error Lol







So I'm thinking of trying to strip the front of the wheel and have another go. I'll post the results
User avatar
Shunter
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:48 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:
Australia

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by Shunter »

Great work so far, enjoying your blow by blow descriptions.
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Mini update

More work done to finish the footwell detail, I couldn't piece together the 'video box' text as it's shown on my reference pics for the top of the green box on the co driver side, so had to go with a pieced together 'Ford racing' which will have to do. Two hours I won't get back scouring my decal stash for small white lettering, lol








And some pics of the car mocked up with seats and roll cage and body in place to double check everything still fits







And lastly, a really cool accident

Ive painted the centre console screen in semi gloss black and had masked the screen area, leaving it still as photo etch metal.

I'd then re-masked the screen and surrounding buttons using microscale micro mask solution (the blue stuff) so that I could try and airbrush a carbon fibre effect on the console itself.

As you can see from these pics the blue micro mask solution being semi translucent, and the photo etch metal below it, give a really cool lcd screen effect (in my opinion) when viewed from different angles.







So after I've attempted a carbon fibre effect, I'll remove the mask solution from the surround but re-apply to the screen and try to get this effect to work again. I love it.

Complete fluke

Apologies for the waffle, but maybe it will be useful for someone else's build so I thought I'd explain it. Lol

Thanks for looking as always..
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

I've been putting off stripping my furry steering wheel for a week now, so though I'd have a go today. Pretty clean after a lot of scraping (some idiot had glued the offending fluff on a bit too well, if I find the guy that did it...)

But some success, I'm fairly happy so far







At least I'm not rebuilding the button mounts on a spare wheel from the stash box anyway. I can work with this.

Thanks as always for looking, and sincerely hope you are all well. We find ourselves in very strange times, but please stay safe and strong. Better times will come...

And try to remember, there's always someone more in need than you, always. Look after each other and think of others as much as you can.

Wishing you all well
User avatar
jchrisf
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Melbourne, FL
United States of America

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by jchrisf »

Looking good! Great detail
Chris

Previous Build: Revell Joey Saldana Sprint Car

Current Build: Monogram Frank Iaconio Chevy Camero Pro-Stock

Next Build: ?
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Shunter wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:25 am Great work so far, enjoying your blow by blow descriptions.
Thanks shunter, there's a lot going wrong at the moment, lol.

Fixing issues and trying to stay engaged in the build is where I'm at.
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

jchrisf wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:39 pm Looking good! Great detail
Thanks jchrisf, feels like I'm stalling a bit on the build today. Lots of things to 'fix' and no progress with the build, lol

We've all been there I suppose
Onwards and upwards!
R36adelaide
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:38 pm
Australia

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by R36adelaide »

Your attention to the extra detail is exceptional! Keep up the good work.
User avatar
jchrisf
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Melbourne, FL
United States of America

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by jchrisf »

Awesome detail!
Chris

Previous Build: Revell Joey Saldana Sprint Car

Current Build: Monogram Frank Iaconio Chevy Camero Pro-Stock

Next Build: ?
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

R36adelaide wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:46 am Your attention to the extra detail is exceptional! Keep up the good work.
Cheers r36, very kind
Trying to keep moving it along, couple more issues to sort out but we'll get there
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

More updates to the roll cage and dash, the renaissance photoetch detail for the dash display also has the small semi circular driver facing camera mount sticking down. Lovely detail in that set. I decided to try the photoetch part in gunmetal so it sat against the semi gloss black behind. I was ready to strip and re-paint, but I'm quite happy with how it looks.







I've worked on the gear lever and handbrake, adding some detail to the gear linkeage and lever. Couldn't use the photoetch detail on the gear lever so I made my own version





The kit doesn't allow the roll cage to fit over the seats when they are in place, so I've secured the seats in position with magnets, this let's me take the roll cage off to finish off the interior. The seats move and drop back into place without needing any glue so far, so they might stay like that? We'll see how it goes...

More to follow soon

Stay well folks and thanks as always for looking in 👍
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

More finishing touches to the interior. Had a look at the handbrake pistons, and added detail





And here they are finished, painted and installed...





Then the screen/computer/whatever the hell it is? I had used some of the photo etch detail for the buttons around the screen. The last version managed to fall apart when I removed the masking fluid 🙄😂😂😂

So I scratch made a screen surround with some rough buttons, added some decalcas switches (including the fire switch and its red cover) rather than more photo etch. I then re-applied the blue masking fluid to the photo etch screen as before.





That's the floor area done, maybe a couple of little bits to add, can't decide.

Onto the roll cage detail, finish the steering wheel and the seats.

Might have this one finished by the time we're all out of bloody quarantine?

Thanks for looking,

Wishing you all well
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Finally started work on the seats, lots of time at the moment for some reason, lol

Tried a textured paint and dry brushing to get them looking something like (right hand seat), but they didn't look right when next to the dash. So I used flocking to cover them instead, section by section (left hand seat)



This gave a much better result, but was too black and clean. Dry brush on some Tamiya soot black and white from their weathering master kits soon got the seats looking more like I wanted.



Putting the decals on first then flocking using a clear glue around them gave the impression of the logos being sunken and separate to the flocking



Also, a note on the decals of this kit. I had issues with the tyre decal applying straight to the sidewall of the rubber tyre. I think these should have had a coat of some sort of clear paint or some such material to seat the decal on? Straight onto the tyre did not work well at all! Had to glue in the end on the spare, and will try the above on the main tyres.

The other decal issue is that the kit carbon fibre for the rear of the seats is MILES away from fitting to the kit seats, not even close. Disappointing in such a good kit, and deffo an oversight on belkits' part?

I've had to settle for an attempt at a painted carbon fibre. Not my best attempt, but she'll do.





Did a bit more dry brushing to give the impression of the padding on the seat backs and to add depth. Now they have six packs 😂😂😂

Also added some nice detail from the kit photo etch, including the orange handles...



My next boo boo,

With the seats glued in, I can't get the roll cage over them. With the roll cage over the seats, I can't start the seat belts 🤔😑🙄

So I took a saw to the roll cage 👍

Then glued the rear section into the car at a point where it won't show the new gaps too much with the body on, problem solved! Then started the belts...







Then decided to cut the decal out and glue on while still on the backing sheet.





More very soon, like i said, lots of time at the moment. I hope you're all well and building to pass the hours.

Stay safe and thanks for looking!
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Made a start on the roll cage details, dash/cage mounted camera and wiring from reference pics...









I'm really close to having the seats done and can almost finally glue them into place, just need to sort a rear mounted camera too.

In the meantime, I've been twisting wire. Made some radio/audio cables to drape over the seats.









Craking on at a pace now, I'll get the rear camera sorted, install the seats finally, and work on the rest of the roll cage.

Might get to the exterior soon, you never know...
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by Kevthemodeller »

More stunning attention to detail :bow:: :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
Shunter
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:48 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:
Australia

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by Shunter »

OMG...this is looking sooo good.
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Rear mounted camera built and ready to paint



And some finished interior pics, without the front of the roll cage in place...













Time to sort the front of the cage then...
Thanks for looking
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Kevthemodeller wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:23 am More stunning attention to detail :bow:: :th:
Thanks kev, im close to calling the interior done I think? Front roll cage to finish/clean up first.
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Shunter wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:38 am OMG...this is looking sooo good.
Cheers shayne 👍👍👍
User avatar
barryf1fan
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: Prev OK, now St. Cloud, FL
United States of America

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by barryf1fan »

Hey Paul, hope you are well... was just looking through this stunning build (AGAIN!! Lol!!) and was wondering if there were any updates or some snags that you maybe ran into?

Love looking through this one. :jd:



:banana:
All of us get lost in the darkness, Dreamers learn to steer by the stars,
All of us do time in the gutter, Dreamers turn to look at the cars.

On the Bench: Fujimi Porsche 911 GT3 x2 - Flying Lizard 2011 GT3 cars, #80 & #81
Up Next: 1/20 Tamiya McLaren MP4/5 F1
User avatar
paulowen7575
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:07 pm
Great Britain

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by paulowen7575 »

Hi Barry

The build is finished, sorry to have not posted on here but between trying to repeat posts on 3 forums and a slight telling off on this one, i've mainly posted elsewhere. I still need to take some finished photographs of the car and a small diorama I made to finish it off, but haven't had the chance due to starting a new build (to keep sane during lockdown, lol)

I may have taken a person's comment too much to heart, but found this forum hard going because of it and made the decision to only post to one of the three i'm a member of. Two kids to home school and a wife teaching certainly gave me less time too!

I'll see what I can do to continue the posts ASAP, and thanks for the interest

all the best mate
paul
User avatar
Panzón
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:52 pm
Location: Texas
United States of America

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by Panzón »

Beautiful detail work on the interior!!
Mike Szwarc

My portfolio

On the workbench:
• 1:700 Yangtze River gunboat vignette from Aoshima's Katata/Hozu kit, and Niko's USS Luzon kit.

My stash

"This was the morning when Father, mending one hole in the thermos-flask, made three." ~ Dylan Thomas
User avatar
barryf1fan
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: Prev OK, now St. Cloud, FL
United States of America

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by barryf1fan »

paulowen7575 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:15 pm Hi Barry

The build is finished, sorry to have not posted on here but between trying to repeat posts on 3 forums and a slight telling off on this one, i've mainly posted elsewhere. I still need to take some finished photographs of the car and a small diorama I made to finish it off, but haven't had the chance due to starting a new build (to keep sane during lockdown, lol)

I may have taken a person's comment too much to heart, but found this forum hard going because of it and made the decision to only post to one of the three i'm a member of. Two kids to home school and a wife teaching certainly gave me less time too!

I'll see what I can do to continue the posts ASAP, and thanks for the interest

all the best mate
paul
I completely understand... and life's too short to have to deal with internet "squabbles" . :lol:

Would love if you would private message me the link to the forum you did post the "final" to, as I really have looked in on this build thread MULTIPLE times. :thumb1: Really appreciate all the detail bits and parts you added, especially the scratch-built or modified things you did. Amazing stuff!

And take care, wherever you are posting. :cheers2:
All of us get lost in the darkness, Dreamers learn to steer by the stars,
All of us do time in the gutter, Dreamers turn to look at the cars.

On the Bench: Fujimi Porsche 911 GT3 x2 - Flying Lizard 2011 GT3 cars, #80 & #81
Up Next: 1/20 Tamiya McLaren MP4/5 F1
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Oh so sweet :banana:
WOW what detailing, very impressive :th:
Not sure how I missed this build but on my radar now
:pop:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: BELKITS 1/24 ford fiesta WRC 2011

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

paulowen7575 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:15 pm Hi Barry

The build is finished, sorry to have not posted on here but between trying to repeat posts on 3 forums and a slight telling off on this one, i've mainly posted elsewhere. I still need to take some finished photographs of the car and a small diorama I made to finish it off, but haven't had the chance due to starting a new build (to keep sane during lockdown, lol)

I may have taken a person's comment too much to heart, but found this forum hard going because of it and made the decision to only post to one of the three i'm a member of. Two kids to home school and a wife teaching certainly gave me less time too!

I'll see what I can do to continue the posts ASAP, and thanks for the interest

all the best mate
paul
Oh I am so sorry to hear this
If you need to chat about this you are welcome to send me a PM...even if you want to vent
Hate to see a prolific, detailed builder get turned off of the ISM forum
I don't see how anyone could have an issue with the work you do :scratch::
Scott
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
Post Reply

Return to “Road Vehicles”