Page 1 of 1

AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:22 am
by Daimyo
Hi guys,

Here is my first build. Made many mistakes by building it, I know it doesn't look very good compared to your models ;) But I hope my skills will improve in the future. I am ready for you critics :shifty:
IMAG0686.jpg
IMAG0713.jpg
IMAG0709.jpg

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:23 am
by Daimyo
Here are some more pictures:
IMAG0694.jpg
IMAG0693_BURST003.jpg
IMAG0690.jpg

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:25 am
by Daimyo
And some more :)
IMAG0705.jpg
IMAG0704.jpg
IMAG0697.jpg

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:51 pm
by Daimyo
WOW no comments at all :eeek: I knew it was ugly, but as it was my first I didn't expected that it is THAT ugly :lol: :scratch::

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:08 pm
by greg74
This is war machine - can not be lit up like a dog eggs :wtf: - maybe in the future more matte - except that it looks good - it's hard to believe that this is the first. :th:

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:10 pm
by alextheblue
Hey Daimyo, not sure how I missed this thread, but I've only just seen it.

There's nothing ugly about this one at all, you've done a great job. I'm just about to get started on my first copter and if it's halfway as good as yours I'll be more than pleased! :th: :th:

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:28 pm
by Daimyo
greg74 wrote:This is war machine - can not be lit up like a dog eggs :wtf: - maybe in the future more matte - except that it looks good - it's hard to believe that this is the first. :th:
Yeah, the polish (varnish or lacquer I dont know how exactly it calls in english) ended up way to shiny... Now I bought completely matte polish, and wont repeat this mistake anymore

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:39 am
by Reddragon62
Great job for a first. only wish my "first" build looked this good.

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:06 am
by Wayne
Nice job Bud. For a first model its good.

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:07 pm
by jmar829
Pretty bird.

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:15 am
by Daimyo
Thank you guys for the comments

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:17 pm
by Gav0909
When I got back into scale modelling a year and a half ago or so I also built this kit. But I managed to fog the canopy up, as I also modelled it open, and while I had masked it, I then got varnish on the inside through the open window!

You have already said, but yes ideally this would have a matt coat. But, its well painted, its well made and so you shouldn't worry, great effort! And not the easiest kit to build for a returner, lots of flash etc on the parts I remember.

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:47 pm
by Rob
Nicely done

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:40 pm
by AchtungPanzer
:th: First? Well Done .

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:46 pm
by EpoxySniffer
I agree, the only thing letting it down is the glossy finish, give it a spray with some dull coat and it will look fine mate.

I think it is a damn fine first attempt. :th: :th: :clap: :th: