Honda VFR750R RC30.

Cars, trucks and bikes
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

Hi guys! Time to start the next one.

After the McLaren, I've decided it's another bike as the box has been winking at me through the whole McLaren build!

I'll be building it with the Hobby Design detail set and may add a few extras along the way!

Here's the kit!

Image
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Noice! :banana:
Got this one in the stash too
We going clear fairings or no? :think:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:21 pm Noice! :banana:
Got this one in the stash too
We going clear fairings or no? :think:
Awesome!

Now that's a predicament. I'm not sure! What do we think?
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
barryf1fan
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: Prev OK, now St. Cloud, FL
United States of America

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by barryf1fan »

One side clear, one side painted. :thumb2:
All of us get lost in the darkness, Dreamers learn to steer by the stars,
All of us do time in the gutter, Dreamers turn to look at the cars.

On the Bench: Fujimi Porsche 911 GT3 x2 - Flying Lizard 2011 GT3 cars, #80 & #81
Up Next: 1/20 Tamiya McLaren MP4/5 F1
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

LWWales wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:37 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:21 pm Noice! :banana:
Got this one in the stash too
We going clear fairings or no? :think:
Awesome!

Now that's a predicament. I'm not sure! What do we think?
Personally I would magnetize the fairings to make them removable and show detail that way...but that is me :tongue:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

barryf1fan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:56 pm One side clear, one side painted. :thumb2:
There's an idea! But.. What side!?
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:28 pm
LWWales wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:37 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:21 pm Noice! :banana:
Got this one in the stash too
We going clear fairings or no? :think:
Awesome!

Now that's a predicament. I'm not sure! What do we think?
Personally I would magnetize the fairings to make them removable and show detail that way...but that is me :tongue:
That was my original plan! I may mix yours and barryF1fans suggestions :think:
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

barryf1fan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:56 pm One side clear, one side painted. :thumb2:
good plan :th:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
barryf1fan
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: Prev OK, now St. Cloud, FL
United States of America

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by barryf1fan »

Depends. which ever you have more detail for. For instance, if you have a detail PE clutch that would be a good side to leave clear.. or either if you do the magnet attachment. Theoretically, you could just paint it all if you have the fairings magnetized...

I can't find the magnets anywhere... Gonna do the ZX-RR when I finally get some. :thumb2:
All of us get lost in the darkness, Dreamers learn to steer by the stars,
All of us do time in the gutter, Dreamers turn to look at the cars.

On the Bench: Fujimi Porsche 911 GT3 x2 - Flying Lizard 2011 GT3 cars, #80 & #81
Up Next: 1/20 Tamiya McLaren MP4/5 F1
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

barryf1fan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:52 pm Depends. which ever you have more detail for. For instance, if you have a detail PE clutch that would be a good side to leave clear.. or either if you do the magnet attachment. Theoretically, you could just paint it all if you have the fairings magnetized...

I can't find the magnets anywhere... Gonna do the ZX-RR when I finally get some. :thumb2:
I'll mull it over! Also thinking of making working lights!

I'm not sure where you live, but for magnets check out element games. Found a few things on there out of stock in other places! https://elementgames.co.uk/paints-hobby ... ry/magnets
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
Gavlaaar
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 11:51 am
England

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Gavlaaar »

barryf1fan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:52 pm Depends. which ever you have more detail for. For instance, if you have a detail PE clutch that would be a good side to leave clear.. or either if you do the magnet attachment. Theoretically, you could just paint it all if you have the fairings magnetized...

I can't find the magnets anywhere... Gonna do the ZX-RR when I finally get some. :thumb2:
They are readily available on eBay mate, if you search neodymium magnets.
On the bench: Tamiya 1/12 Suzuki Hayabusa and Tamiya 1/12 Yamaha R1M 20th Anniversary edition

Up next: Tamiya 1/12 Konica Minolta RC211
User avatar
Mpfiend
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:56 am
Location: Sussex
England

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Mpfiend »

Nice choice, for realism I would go with fully painted fairings and use the magnet method,
As Gavlaar said, these are readily available on eBay, 1mm and 2mm are the best fit I have found for the tamiya models, although for some applications the 1mm don't always have enough "pull" so two are sometimes required if there is space.
Regards,
Keith
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

Mpfiend wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:25 am Nice choice, for realism I would go with fully painted fairings and use the magnet method,
As Gavlaar said, these are readily available on eBay, 1mm and 2mm are the best fit I have found for the tamiya models, although for some applications the 1mm don't always have enough "pull" so two are sometimes required if there is space.
I think I will in this case as it's one piece!

I've got some 1mm magnets here, I'll give them a try, hopefully they hold!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

Starting getting bits off the sprues and getting bits cut and modified!

Image

Got the rear sets glued and ready to go on.

Image
Image

I'm planning on scratch building the fittings on the carbs and making the airbox removable. Made a start on those today.

Image
Image

Thanks for looking in guys! :dance:
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by BigWall »

Nice start with the scratch building!
Joe

Image
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

BigWall wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:18 pm Nice start with the scratch building!
Thanks mate!


Got the engine painted, just needs some PE now!

Image

The starter motor was boring and to be painted semi gloss black. So I added the shafts and bolts which hold it together.

Image

Thanks for looking!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Kevthemodeller »

I true classic now and better in my opinion than the RC45. Still a great ride, if you ever get the chance grab it. Following along with interest mate :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

Kevthemodeller wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:28 am I true classic now and better in my opinion than the RC45. Still a great ride, if you ever get the chance grab it. Following along with interest mate :th:
Amazing bike. I would sell my soul to ride one, let alone own one!

Thanks for keeping an eye on it!

Got the frame and exhaust pipes painted, still need to stain the pipes. Also started adding PE bits and various other parts to the engine.

I used Alclad dull aluminium for the cast parts of the frame, then so as not to get a super shine, mixed some Alclad Chrome and Aluminium for the shinier bits!

Image
Image

I've done more since taking these photos, and I love the way the engine is coming along!

Image
Image
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Mpfiend
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:56 am
Location: Sussex
England

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Mpfiend »

Nice progress
Regards,
Keith
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by BigWall »

Yes, it's coming along nicely!
Joe

Image
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Indeed :th:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
Gavlaaar
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 11:51 am
England

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Gavlaaar »

Image
On the bench: Tamiya 1/12 Suzuki Hayabusa and Tamiya 1/12 Yamaha R1M 20th Anniversary edition

Up next: Tamiya 1/12 Konica Minolta RC211
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by surfsup »

I built this Kit in the 80's and enjoyed it. Will watch yours with interest and am liking what I am seeing so far.....Cheers mark
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

Mpfiend wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:55 pm Nice progress
Thanks man!
BigWall wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:42 pm Yes, it's coming along nicely!
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:01 pm Indeed :th:
Thanks guys!
Gavlaaar wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:55 pm Image
:lol: :lol:
surfsup wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:32 am I built this Kit in the 80's and enjoyed it. Will watch yours with interest and am liking what I am seeing so far.....Cheers mark
Thank you! It's a great kit so far!

I've been working silly shifts recently so not had much time with it, but the carbs are coming along!

Image
Image

She's looking good so far!

Image
Image
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by surfsup »

Love the Details you have been adding. Brings the Kit up to Today's Specs and looks great.....Cheers mark
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

surfsup wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:20 am Love the Details you have been adding. Brings the Kit up to Today's Specs and looks great.....Cheers mark
Thanks mate! It's been challenging finding reference, though!

At first, I was thinking I would just add a few details, including the detail set, like the springs, but I've started going a little mad. :lol:

Image
Image
Image

I decided to add the vacuum lines and fuel lines, then spent HOURS looking for reference to see how they were plumbed. I eventually found a photo in a random YouTube video:

Image

So you can see here I've made a start2 on adding them.

Image
Image

I'll be painting the lines in rubber black when all plumbed in, then I'll need to modify the intake plenum.

Am I mad? :crazy: :think:

Thanks for taking a look! :thumb1:
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
Gavlaaar
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 11:51 am
England

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Gavlaaar »

This is looking awesome mate :banana:
On the bench: Tamiya 1/12 Suzuki Hayabusa and Tamiya 1/12 Yamaha R1M 20th Anniversary edition

Up next: Tamiya 1/12 Konica Minolta RC211
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by BigWall »

It's looking nice and it sounds like you've got some great stuff planned.
Joe

Image
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

Gavlaaar wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:01 pm This is looking awesome mate :banana:
Thanks dude! :thumb1:
BigWall wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:22 am It's looking nice and it sounds like you've got some great stuff planned.


Thank you! I do have a few other things in mind!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

The kit didn't come with the actual fans for the radiator, just the shrouds, so I decided to make my own!

Image
Image
Image

Got the fuel and vacuum lines almost done, too! Mounted a few things up yo check fit.

Image
Image
Image

Need to paint the spring for the shock, too.

I also want to repaint the exhaust, I'm not a fan of the heat staining!

Thanks for looking in guys! :dance:
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
DRUMS01
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2352
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:48 am
Location: Ohio, USA
United States of America

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by DRUMS01 »

Wonderful build so far but I have a question,..... when are you going to start detailing the kit?

Just kidding, and to answer your question, yes you must be mad, but I like it.

Thanks for sharing the build with us, I will continue to watch and be amazed...

Ben
On the table or recently completed:

1/18 AV8-B Harrier - WIP
1/35 Churchill AVRE with SBG Bridge Diorama - DONE
75mm BMW R75 WW2 motorcycle with rider - DONE
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by BigWall »

Very nice scratch building on the fans. It's coming along nicely!
Joe

Image
pg265
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:09 pm
France

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by pg265 »

Hi,

One of my all time favorite bike!
I drove one once long time ago and also tried her little sister the VFR400R... and loved to have one!

Your build is really great and scratch work very well done!
Bravo.

Pascal
#WeAreAviation

I’d rather be flying!
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

pg265 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:29 am Hi,

One of my all time favorite bike!
I drove one once long time ago and also tried her little sister the VFR400R... and loved to have one!

Your build is really great and scratch work very well done!
Bravo.

Pascal
Thank you!

I'm jealous, I would love to ride one, I'm a sucker for the classics. I have a 98 R1 in the garage, but I'd love one of these!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Superb detailing work :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

Kevthemodeller wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:46 pm Superb detailing work :th:
Thanks you sir!
BigWall wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:36 am Very nice scratch building on the fans. It's coming along nicely!
Thank you! I thought it would be harder and take a lot more time but it took about 10 minutes!
DRUMS01 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:00 am Wonderful build so far but I have a question,..... when are you going to start detailing the kit?

Just kidding, and to answer your question, yes you must be mad, but I like it.

Thanks for sharing the build with us, I will continue to watch and be amazed...

Ben
Thank you mate!

Hahaa, I may add some detail, haven't decided yet! :lol:

Thanks for keeping an eye on it! :thumb1:
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Mpfiend
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:56 am
Location: Sussex
England

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Mpfiend »

Very nice work so far, looking forward to seeing progress on this one.
Regards,
Keith
Gavlaaar
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 11:51 am
England

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Gavlaaar »

Some cracking progress there buddy!
On the bench: Tamiya 1/12 Suzuki Hayabusa and Tamiya 1/12 Yamaha R1M 20th Anniversary edition

Up next: Tamiya 1/12 Konica Minolta RC211
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Really impressive detail work :th: :banana:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by surfsup »

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the Build come together. Love the Fan Details especially.....Cheers mark
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

Mpfiend wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:21 am Very nice work so far, looking forward to seeing progress on this one.
Thanks mate!
Gavlaaar wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:21 pm Some cracking progress there buddy!
Thank you!
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:25 pm Really impressive detail work :th: :banana:
Thank you dude! Not seen much from you recently, everything okay?
surfsup wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:46 am Looking forward to seeing the rest of the Build come together. Love the Fan Details especially.....Cheers mark
Thanks mate! Been a busy few days so nothing to report yet, hoping to get on with some in the morrow!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:25 pm Really impressive detail work :th: :banana:
Thank you dude! Not seen much from you recently, everything okay?



[/quote]

Ya I am ok, just low modelling mojo, work stress, a sick dog and making leather Christmas gifts
Thanks for asking. I am still in the background, just not posting as much
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

Hi guys! Not had much time recently, but I managed to get the chain done!

Image


Need to paint the wheels, but done a little mock up!

Image

Also, I though I may start making a few videos. I made my first one of a quick run through of the chain build. Just a quick demo, but it would be great if you guys could check it out and maybe through me a subscribe?

I need to work on my camera, mainly the focus, but I'm pretty happy with the video!



Thank you guys for looking! :D
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Fantastic looking chain mate :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:28 am
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:25 pm Really impressive detail work :th: :banana:
Thank you dude! Not seen much from you recently, everything okay?


Ya I am ok, just low modelling mojo, work stress, a sick dog and making leather Christmas gifts
Thanks for asking. I am still in the background, just not posting as much
[/quote]

Glad you're all good. I hope your dog is better!
Kevthemodeller wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:54 am Fantastic looking chain mate :th:
Thank you, sir!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
barryf1fan
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: Prev OK, now St. Cloud, FL
United States of America

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by barryf1fan »

:o Man, Luke, that chain is legit!! :thumb2:
All of us get lost in the darkness, Dreamers learn to steer by the stars,
All of us do time in the gutter, Dreamers turn to look at the cars.

On the Bench: Fujimi Porsche 911 GT3 x2 - Flying Lizard 2011 GT3 cars, #80 & #81
Up Next: 1/20 Tamiya McLaren MP4/5 F1
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by BigWall »

Looks like a lot of fiddly work with tiny pieces but it sure does make for a great looking chain!
Joe

Image
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

barryf1fan wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:22 pm :o Man, Luke, that chain is legit!! :thumb2:
Thanks man! Chuffed with how it came out. Pretty bold of my to record my first try, too 😂
BigWall wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:10 am Looks like a lot of fiddly work with tiny pieces but it sure does make for a great looking chain!
I am AMAZED I didn't lose anything to the carpet monster! Thanks dude!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

I tried out the AK Interactive True Metal on the exhaust as I had no Alclad chrome.

It's not the best outcome, though, I do like it! I made a little video of the true metal, so if you have a spare 6 mins, it's be great if you'd take a look! Thank you! :D

Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

LWWales wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:25 pm I tried out the AK Interactive True Metal on the exhaust as I had no Alclad chrome.

It's not the best outcome, though, I do like it! I made a little video of the true metal, so if you have a spare 6 mins, it's be great if you'd take a look! Thank you! :D

On my "to watch" list
I use them and like them but they rub off, so need a clear over them to seal
Awesome for brushwork
I will have a peek at your vid soon
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda VFR750R RC30.

Post by LWWales »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:19 pm
LWWales wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:25 pm I tried out the AK Interactive True Metal on the exhaust as I had no Alclad chrome.

It's not the best outcome, though, I do like it! I made a little video of the true metal, so if you have a spare 6 mins, it's be great if you'd take a look! Thank you! :D

On my "to watch" list
I use them and like them but they rub off, so need a clear over them to seal
Awesome for brushwork
I will have a peek at your vid soon
Yeah, I thought they would they would eventually! I've used them a total of twice, one was in a scrap piece for practice, then the video! Hahah

Thanks for giving it a watch, though! 😀
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
Post Reply

Return to “Road Vehicles”