Group Build list

User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Group Build list

Post by Paul »

Come on then who's building what. Lets get a thread going about what your chosen subject for the GB is.

I think i am going to build a Tamiya mid production tiger Ive had in the stash for a while.

I have a few nice PE sets for it, plus a barrel upgrade and I reckon I'll splash out on some friul tracks too.

It'll be a well worn/weathered example too 8-)

So what are you guys doing
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Group Build list

Post by Gav0909 »

Think I will build up the 1/48 Monogram Ju-87 kit I have in the stash. Not much choice, no money for new kits and it was either that or an old tool 1/72 Airfix Spitfire, which is a bit dull really.
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Group Build list

Post by Lee »

I have absolutely no idea yet :ooops:

I'm going to have a good root around tonight and decide (got to do a pic for the stash thread anyways :D
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Group Build list

Post by Paul »

Lee wrote:I have absolutely no idea yet :ooops:

I'm going to have a good root around tonight and decide (got to do a pic for the stash thread anyways :D

Hmm just an idea lee but I think you should do some ARMOUR

Go on you know you want too, get a nice 1/35 tank 8-)
Telegraphist
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Group Build list

Post by Telegraphist »

As for myself, not decided yet, I have quite a few kits in the stash needing build, I also have a massive backlog that needs finished too but I will not cheat in GB, I shall use a fresh kit for each GB.
I take it WWII is the subject, just take your pick from that then. Might go for one of them old 'Aircraft of the aces' series of Airfix kits from the late 1980's, ace pilots for a ace site, rather fitting don't you think?
Will see what others are up to, I will try not to double up if anyone else is building similar, keep variety going for the GB.
Dave.
If only everything in life was as reliable as a Kalashnikov.
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Group Build list

Post by Paul »

Telegraphist wrote:As for myself, not decided yet, I have quite a few kits in the stash needing build, I also have a massive backlog that needs finished too but I will not cheat in GB, I shall use a fresh kit for each GB.
I take it WWII is the subject, just take your pick from that then. Might go for one of them old 'Aircraft of the aces' series of Airfix kits from the late 1980's, ace pilots for a ace site, rather fitting don't you think?
Will see what others are up to, I will try not to double up if anyone else is building similar, keep variety going for the GB.
Dave.
Great idea Dave , love the ace pilots idea :thumb2:
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Group Build list

Post by schweinhund227 »

:cheers2:

I have very limited selection so I hope what ever I end up picking will be fun ?

Would the Dornier Do 335 Pfeil qualify ???
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Group Build list

Post by Gav0909 »

Yeah Norm, the Pfeil was developed during the war, so that would be fine. And unique, so I say go for it!
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Group Build list

Post by Lee »

Gav0909 wrote:Yeah Norm, the Pfeil was developed during the war, so that would be fine. And unique, so I say go for it!
Seconded and I'd love to see Norm build a flying thing :thumb2:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
UKscalemodeller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2062
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Group Build list

Post by UKscalemodeller »

I'll TRY to join this one, but I definatly want to finish the two builds I'm on with at the moment first (no room for a third WIP at the moment). Then IF I have enough time left I may try a conversion.
User avatar
5Craven
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:51 pm
Location: Weymouth, Dorset, UK

Re: Group Build list

Post by 5Craven »

Well I was all ready to chose Tamiya's 1/48 RAF Mustang III for the group build as its a bit different from the run of the mill USAAF types and paint schemes. If fact I had gone so far as to order the necessary Tamiya paints from eModels following you guys recommendations. (I made sure to mention ISM on the order as well :thumb2: ) However I have had a change of heart and have decided to build, drumroll please, the Tamiya 1/48 Dewoitine D.520 and to use the Eduard Zoom etch set FE118 to updetail the cockpit area. I will go into all the details as to the choice in build thread once we get going. I am now going to have to go and order some more paints and I will use our other sponsor ModelsRGo in order to spread the love! Damm, :doh: I have just realised Paul's paint fetish must be catching! Lets hope his other ones aren't :pray: .
On the Bench

1/48 Revell SH-60B Seahawk (on hold)
1/72 Matchbox Supermarine Walrus II (Decalling)
1/48 Hasegawa Idolm@ster F-16C (Decals complete)
1/35 Hobbyboss ZSL-92 IFV (Building)
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Group Build list

Post by chief5437 »

:think: hmmmm, all the kits in my small stash are modern jets. Looks like a trip to the shops is in order. Watch out wallet, you're gonna lose some weight!
Chief
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Group Build list

Post by Paul »

5Craven wrote:Well I was all ready to chose Tamiya's 1/48 RAF Mustang III for the group build as its a bit different from the run of the mill USAAF types and paint schemes. If fact I had gone so far as to order the necessary Tamiya paints from eModels following you guys recommendations. (I made sure to mention ISM on the order as well :thumb2: ) However I have had a change of heart and have decided to build, drumroll please, the Tamiya 1/48 Dewoitine D.520 and to use the Eduard Zoom etch set FE118 to updetail the cockpit area. I will go into all the details as to the choice in build thread once we get going. I am now going to have to go and order some more paints and I will use our other sponsor ModelsRGo in order to spread the love! Damm, :doh: I have just realised Paul's paint fetish must be catching! Lets hope his other ones aren't :pray: .

Good man, can't wait to see that build as well :banana:
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Group Build list

Post by Paul »

chief5437 wrote::think: hmmmm, all the kits in my small stash are modern jets. Looks like a trip to the shops is in order. Watch out wallet, you're gonna lose some weight!
Sweet :clap2: hope you get something cool :thumb1:
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Group Build list

Post by schweinhund227 »

Image

I might go for an inflatable Decoy ! if I can find one ?? LOL

All my Big Kats are half built and in storage! So I can't start fresh with any of my my WWII tanks.

Left in the stash are a IT-28 Bridge layer and T-35 Russian Land Cruisers !
and a MAUS ! could I build the MAUS ???
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Group Build list

Post by Paul »

schweinhund227 wrote:Image

I might go for an inflatable Decoy ! if I can find one ?? LOL

All my Big Kats are half built and in storage! So I can't start fresh with any of my my WWII tanks.

Left in the stash are a IT-28 Bridge layer and T-35 Russian Land Cruisers !
and a MAUS ! could I build the MAUS ???
Hmm developed in late 1944 and no fully completed tanks made.

I'm gonna be a meanie and say I don't think it qualifies. :nena:

What do you think lee?
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Group Build list

Post by schweinhund227 »

Image


That looks like a completely destroyed MAUS !! LOL


:(
User avatar
5Craven
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:51 pm
Location: Weymouth, Dorset, UK

Re: Group Build list

Post by 5Craven »

schweinhund227 wrote:Image


That looks like a completely destroyed MAUS !! LOL


:(
You didn't just throw your build across the room in rage then? :!:
On the Bench

1/48 Revell SH-60B Seahawk (on hold)
1/72 Matchbox Supermarine Walrus II (Decalling)
1/48 Hasegawa Idolm@ster F-16C (Decals complete)
1/35 Hobbyboss ZSL-92 IFV (Building)
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Group Build list

Post by schweinhund227 »

5Craven wrote:
schweinhund227 wrote:Image


That looks like a completely destroyed MAUS !! LOL


:(
You didn't just throw your build across the room in rage then? :!:

LOL

No! but I had something similar happen to my First MAUS... LOL a large model fell on it and Well you know the rest !

LOL

I tried :ooops: !
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Group Build list

Post by Gav0909 »

MAUS should qualify! They were developed during the war and I think there were completed units built, there is one in a museum somewhere, which I believe is more or less complete.
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Group Build list

Post by Paul »

Gav0909 wrote:MAUS should qualify! They were developed during the war and I think there were completed units built, there is one in a museum somewhere, which I believe is more or less complete.

I was going on this info, it was trialled but never saw service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus
User avatar
BrummieModeller
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 663
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

Re: Group Build list

Post by BrummieModeller »

So i'm going for a nice little 1/76 airfix tank I found in my stash last night :thumb1:
Dan

WIP Kits on the Bench

Revell 1/144 Airbus A320 Thomas Cook Livery
Airfix 1/72 Brewster Buffalo F2A-1
Revell 1/24 Mini Cooper Mk1
Airfix 1/76 Panther

My Facebook Page

Image
gosselin2112
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 2:18 am
Location: Manchester, Newhampshire USA

Re: Group Build list

Post by gosselin2112 »

This will be so much fun :banana: But I do feel a bit naked, as my stash is 2,000 miles away from where I am presently located. But I will be retrieving it in a few weeks. No need to fear, my model building hunger has allowed me to develop a mini stash :D Just in case.

Being an armor builder, I may just do something different. Perhaps a plane :think: I will have to go rummaging in the stash and see what I can find . . .
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Group Build list

Post by Lee »

Paul wrote:
Gav0909 wrote:MAUS should qualify! They were developed during the war and I think there were completed units built, there is one in a museum somewhere, which I believe is more or less complete.

I was going on this info, it was trialled but never saw service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus
Going by that then it's fine for the GB Norm but, I'd rather see you build an aircraft just for kicks :thumb1:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Group Build list

Post by schweinhund227 »

I'll do the Dornier... Just for kicks... :whistle: :cheers2: :thumb2:

LOL sorry for all the Cheese and the whine ! :liar:

I sent a PM with a Plane of mine! maybe you've seen it ?
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Group Build list

Post by Lee »

schweinhund227 wrote:I'll do the Dornier... Just for kicks... :whistle: :cheers2: :thumb2:

LOL sorry for all the Cheese and the whine ! :liar:

I sent a PM with a Plane of mine! maybe you've seen it ?
Got no PM norm!
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
bullgill67
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Group Build list

Post by bullgill67 »

I'm in with the airfix 1/72 mustang when i can get hold of one.

off to Glasgow in a fortnight so i will pick one up there hopefully :dance:

michael
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Group Build list

Post by Paul »

schweinhund227 wrote:I'll do the Dornier... Just for kicks... :whistle: :cheers2: :thumb2:

LOL sorry for all the Cheese and the whine ! :liar:

I sent a PM with a Plane of mine! maybe you've seen it ?
I think you should build both norm :dance:
User avatar
HamilkarBarkas
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: "Augschburg" Augsburg/Germany

Re: Group Build list

Post by HamilkarBarkas »

A WW2 group build is right down my alley, have plenty of models in my stash to enter this GB.

Well, i have something in mind but i´m afraid i have to order something (which my bank account might not like but hey, this is my first group build i will enter so forget it!).

I saw a great picture in a book today (i know, what a coincidence!), which shows some German Panzer III´s rolling over some Soviet guns (mainly F22) in the mud with pleny of empty artillery shells on the ground. I think this would look pretty dramatic and dynamic and should not be to complicated alltogether. Just my first thought, i might change it but if this happens i´ll let you know.

I like the ideas the others posted here, this will be very nice :cheers2: Prost!
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Group Build list

Post by Paul »

HamilkarBarkas wrote:A WW2 group build is right down my alley, have plenty of models in my stash to enter this GB.

Well, i have something in mind but i´m afraid i have to order something (which my bank account might not like but hey, this is my first group build i will enter so forget it!).

I saw a great picture in a book today (i know, what a coincidence!), which shows some German Panzer III´s rolling over some Soviet guns (mainly F22) in the mud with pleny of empty artillery shells on the ground. I think this would look pretty dramatic and dynamic and should not be to complicated alltogether. Just my first thought, i might change it but if this happens i´ll let you know.

I like the ideas the others posted here, this will be very nice :cheers2: Prost!
That will look awesome, look forward to seeing that 8-)
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Group Build list

Post by schweinhund227 »

Lee wrote:
schweinhund227 wrote:I'll do the Dornier... Just for kicks... :whistle: :cheers2: :thumb2:

LOL sorry for all the Cheese and the whine ! :liar:

I sent a PM with a Plane of mine! maybe you've seen it ?
Got no PM norm!

I see it in my OUT BOX... it should be there by now ???
User avatar
HamilkarBarkas
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: "Augschburg" Augsburg/Germany

Re: Group Build list

Post by HamilkarBarkas »

That will look awesome, look forward to seeing that 8-)
We will see, first i have to order a F22 field gun kit (ICM and Bronco have it, might go for the Bronco one although it is more expensive) and maybe some artillery shells for the floor. I already have a Dragon/Cyberhobby Panzer III G in my stash and i don´t think i will need many figures, if any at all.
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: Group Build list

Post by Nige201980 »

I've got two WWII builds on the go at the mo ( tamiya fock wulf 190 A3 and the tamiya mustang III) so if I finish those I might do the revell mossie that I'm trying to rescue that I messed up.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Group Build list

Post by schweinhund227 »

Nige201980 wrote:I've got two WWII builds on the go at the mo ( tamiya fock wulf 190 A3 and the tamiya mustang III) so if I finish those I might do the revell mossie that I'm trying to rescue that I messed up.

Do you have something in mind for this GB ??? something that you would like to build with us ?
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: Group Build list

Post by Nige201980 »

Only the mossie unless I can find anything in the shops if not ill do the mossie but might try some battle damage on it.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: Group Build list

Post by Nige201980 »

The mossie is in bits at the mo took it all apart and striped the paint well most of it so its in a bit of a sad shape if its ok to do this.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
User avatar
SuperDryBeef
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Qc,Canada

Re: Group Build list

Post by SuperDryBeef »

Just in time for my Bismarck.

Norm BUILD A SHIP!
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Group Build list

Post by Lee »

SuperDryBeef wrote:Just in time for my Bismarck.

Norm BUILD A SHIP!
Will be great to have a floaty thing or two in the GB :thumb2:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
DC87
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
England

Re: Group Build list

Post by DC87 »

I will build the Airfix 1/72 Vosper MTB and depict it during the Channel Dash.
Dan C

Filling the workbench with:
Sopwith Snipe late post war
WW1 RFC SE5a

WW1-1/32 Snipe
Workbench gets full with models being built - Buys another workbench!

Image
User avatar
5Craven
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:51 pm
Location: Weymouth, Dorset, UK

Re: Group Build list

Post by 5Craven »

DC87 wrote:I will build the Airfix 1/72 Vosper MTB and depict it during the Channel Dash.
Ohh Great choice! :clap: A fantastic classic kit build and looks amazing once put together. I will follow this build with interest.
On the Bench

1/48 Revell SH-60B Seahawk (on hold)
1/72 Matchbox Supermarine Walrus II (Decalling)
1/48 Hasegawa Idolm@ster F-16C (Decals complete)
1/35 Hobbyboss ZSL-92 IFV (Building)
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Group Build list

Post by schweinhund227 »

Lee wrote:
SuperDryBeef wrote:Just in time for my Bismarck.

Norm BUILD A SHIP!
Will be great to have a floaty thing or two in the GB :thumb2:
The last Ship I built is in a Maritime Museum back home! The Revell Corvette Blue Bell. I build that back in 1985. Never again! LOL. Maybe a submarine one day! When a big Enough Kursk is made!
User avatar
SuperDryBeef
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Qc,Canada

Re: Group Build list

Post by SuperDryBeef »

Never again! LOL.
May I ask why?
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Group Build list

Post by Lee »

Right, I've decided......Almost :roll:

I've whittled it down to either.......Great Wall Hobby 1/48 FW189 A2 or Tamiya 1/48 Mossie FB Mk.VI or Tamiya 1/48 Bristol Beaufighter Mk VI or Eduard 1/48 Lavochkin LA-7

I'll get there :crazy:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Group Build list

Post by schweinhund227 »

SuperDryBeef wrote:
Never again! LOL.
May I ask why?

It is just way too demanding! Don't forget! It's my own opinion! Not trying to discourage anyone! Ships will always fascinate me! It is just way too much work! I took 2 1/2 years to get my Blue Bell out the door.... That's why she is in a museum! LOL
JDMMODELS
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 3:27 pm
Location: NS, Canada

Re: Group Build list

Post by JDMMODELS »

This will be my first GB. Sounds like a great time. I am going to build the Revell 1:72 Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C. Everyone have fun and KUTGW.
User avatar
coladito1
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 4:22 am
Location: Palmdale, CA. USA.

Re: Group Build list

Post by coladito1 »

Ok so think I might be able to enter, I don't know what I will build to enter but here are some possibilities (all Aircraft):

1/48 Airfix Seafire
1/72 Tamiya IL-2 Sturmovik
1/48 Hobbyboss Hellcat F6F-3
1/48 Tamiya Corsair F4U-1A

All of these kits were won or given to me, so aftermarket is a must! ;)
Luis Toledo.
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Group Build list

Post by schweinhund227 »

coladito1 wrote:Ok so think I might be able to enter, I don't know what I will build to enter but here are some possibilities (all Aircraft):

1/48 Airfix Seafire
1/72 Tamiya IL-2 Sturmovik
1/48 Hobbyboss Hellcat F6F-3
1/48 Tamiya Corsair F4U-1A

All of these kits were won or given to me, so aftermarket is a must! ;)

That's actually great news Luis !
:thumb2:
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Group Build list

Post by Gav0909 »

Nige201980 wrote:I've got two WWII builds on the go at the mo ( tamiya fock wulf 190 A3 and the tamiya mustang III) so if I finish those I might do the revell mossie that I'm trying to rescue that I messed up.

Funny, I had built my Revell Mossie as well, and then ripped bits off it and stripped it! Its been repainted now and looks better than before so all is good!

Luis, I vote for the Seafire, if only because its a dream to build, despite me having ripped mine apart its still building back up beautifully.
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: Group Build list

Post by Nige201980 »

Gav0909 wrote:
Nige201980 wrote:I've got two WWII builds on the go at the mo ( tamiya fock wulf 190 A3 and the tamiya mustang III) so if I finish those I might do the revell mossie that I'm trying to rescue that I messed up.

Funny, I had built my Revell Mossie as well, and then ripped bits off it and stripped it! Its been repainted now and looks better than before so all is good!

Luis, I vote for the Seafire, if only because its a dream to build, despite me having ripped mine apart its still building back up beautifully.
I mess up the wheel bays when I came to fit the wheels they wouldn't go to tell the truth I wasn't happy with it so I decided to start again. I think I'm going to do battle damage like if it has flown through a blast or something and stripped paint off ( well I'm going to try lol )
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
gosselin2112
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 2:18 am
Location: Manchester, Newhampshire USA

Re: Group Build list

Post by gosselin2112 »

gosselin2112 wrote:This will be so much fun :banana: But I do feel a bit naked, as my stash is 2,000 miles away from where I am presently located. But I will be retrieving it in a few weeks. No need to fear, my model building hunger has allowed me to develop a mini stash :D Just in case.

Being an armor builder, I may just do something different. Perhaps a plane :think: I will have to go rummaging in the stash and see what I can find . . .
So. . . it was a toss up between Hasegawa's 1/48 Japanese "Frank" or Academy's 1/72 TBF-1 Avenger. My workbench is a little cluttered at the moment, so I am going with the Avenger. Nice little kit to not distract me from my other builds going on simultaneously.

One more day. . . :banana:
Post Reply

Return to “Chat”