Page 1 of 2
Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:23 pm
by Paul
Come on then who's building what. Lets get a thread going about what your chosen subject for the GB is.
I think i am going to build a Tamiya mid production tiger Ive had in the stash for a while.
I have a few nice PE sets for it, plus a barrel upgrade and I reckon I'll splash out on some friul tracks too.
It'll be a well worn/weathered example too
So what are you guys doing
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:29 pm
by Gav0909
Think I will build up the 1/48 Monogram Ju-87 kit I have in the stash. Not much choice, no money for new kits and it was either that or an old tool 1/72 Airfix Spitfire, which is a bit dull really.
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:30 pm
by Lee
I have absolutely no idea yet
I'm going to have a good root around tonight and decide (got to do a pic for the stash thread anyways

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:36 pm
by Paul
Lee wrote:I have absolutely no idea yet
I'm going to have a good root around tonight and decide (got to do a pic for the stash thread anyways

Hmm just an idea lee but I think you should do some
ARMOUR
Go on you know you want too, get a nice 1/35 tank

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:03 pm
by Telegraphist
As for myself, not decided yet, I have quite a few kits in the stash needing build, I also have a massive backlog that needs finished too but I will not cheat in GB, I shall use a fresh kit for each GB.
I take it WWII is the subject, just take your pick from that then. Might go for one of them old 'Aircraft of the aces' series of Airfix kits from the late 1980's, ace pilots for a ace site, rather fitting don't you think?
Will see what others are up to, I will try not to double up if anyone else is building similar, keep variety going for the GB.
Dave.
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:06 pm
by Paul
Telegraphist wrote:As for myself, not decided yet, I have quite a few kits in the stash needing build, I also have a massive backlog that needs finished too but I will not cheat in GB, I shall use a fresh kit for each GB.
I take it WWII is the subject, just take your pick from that then. Might go for one of them old 'Aircraft of the aces' series of Airfix kits from the late 1980's, ace pilots for a ace site, rather fitting don't you think?
Will see what others are up to, I will try not to double up if anyone else is building similar, keep variety going for the GB.
Dave.
Great idea Dave , love the ace pilots idea

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:09 pm
by schweinhund227
I have very limited selection so I hope what ever I end up picking will be fun ?
Would the Dornier Do 335 Pfeil qualify ???
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:10 pm
by Gav0909
Yeah Norm, the Pfeil was developed during the war, so that would be fine. And unique, so I say go for it!
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:37 pm
by Lee
Gav0909 wrote:Yeah Norm, the Pfeil was developed during the war, so that would be fine. And unique, so I say go for it!
Seconded and I'd love to see Norm build a flying thing

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:47 pm
by UKscalemodeller
I'll TRY to join this one, but I definatly want to finish the two builds I'm on with at the moment first (no room for a third WIP at the moment). Then IF I have enough time left I may try a conversion.
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:50 pm
by 5Craven
Well I was all ready to chose Tamiya's 1/48 RAF Mustang III for the group build as its a bit different from the run of the mill USAAF types and paint schemes. If fact I had gone so far as to order the necessary Tamiya paints from
eModels following you guys recommendations. (I made sure to mention ISM on the order as well

) However I have had a change of heart and have decided to build, drumroll please, the Tamiya 1/48 Dewoitine D.520 and to use the Eduard Zoom etch set FE118 to updetail the cockpit area. I will go into all the details as to the choice in build thread once we get going. I am now going to have to go and order some more paints and I will use our other sponsor
ModelsRGo in order to spread the love! Damm,

I have just realised Paul's paint fetish must be catching! Lets hope his other ones aren't

.
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:57 pm
by chief5437

hmmmm, all the kits in my small stash are modern jets. Looks like a trip to the shops is in order. Watch out wallet, you're gonna lose some weight!
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:01 pm
by Paul
5Craven wrote:Well I was all ready to chose Tamiya's 1/48 RAF Mustang III for the group build as its a bit different from the run of the mill USAAF types and paint schemes. If fact I had gone so far as to order the necessary Tamiya paints from
eModels following you guys recommendations. (I made sure to mention ISM on the order as well

) However I have had a change of heart and have decided to build, drumroll please, the Tamiya 1/48 Dewoitine D.520 and to use the Eduard Zoom etch set FE118 to updetail the cockpit area. I will go into all the details as to the choice in build thread once we get going. I am now going to have to go and order some more paints and I will use our other sponsor
ModelsRGo in order to spread the love! Damm,

I have just realised Paul's paint fetish must be catching! Lets hope his other ones aren't

.
Good man, can't wait to see that build as well

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:01 pm
by Paul
chief5437 wrote:
hmmmm, all the kits in my small stash are modern jets. Looks like a trip to the shops is in order. Watch out wallet, you're gonna lose some weight!
Sweet

hope you get something cool

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:02 pm
by schweinhund227
I might go for an inflatable Decoy ! if I can find one ?? LOL
All my Big Kats are half built and in storage! So I can't start fresh with any of my my WWII tanks.
Left in the stash are a IT-28 Bridge layer and T-35 Russian Land Cruisers !
and a MAUS ! could I build the MAUS ???
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:06 pm
by Paul
schweinhund227 wrote:
I might go for an inflatable Decoy ! if I can find one ?? LOL
All my Big Kats are half built and in storage! So I can't start fresh with any of my my WWII tanks.
Left in the stash are a IT-28 Bridge layer and T-35 Russian Land Cruisers !
and a MAUS ! could I build the MAUS ???
Hmm developed in late 1944 and no fully completed tanks made.
I'm gonna be a meanie and say I don't think it qualifies.
What do you think lee?
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:09 pm
by schweinhund227
That looks like a completely destroyed MAUS !! LOL

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:19 pm
by 5Craven
schweinhund227 wrote:
That looks like a completely destroyed MAUS !! LOL

You didn't just throw your build across the room in rage then?

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:23 pm
by schweinhund227
5Craven wrote:schweinhund227 wrote:
That looks like a completely destroyed MAUS !! LOL

You didn't just throw your build across the room in rage then?

LOL
No! but I had something similar happen to my First MAUS... LOL a large model fell on it and Well you know the rest !
LOL
I tried

!
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:23 pm
by Gav0909
MAUS should qualify! They were developed during the war and I think there were completed units built, there is one in a museum somewhere, which I believe is more or less complete.
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:28 pm
by Paul
Gav0909 wrote:MAUS should qualify! They were developed during the war and I think there were completed units built, there is one in a museum somewhere, which I believe is more or less complete.
I was going on this info, it was trialled but never saw service.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:29 pm
by BrummieModeller
So i'm going for a nice little 1/76 airfix tank I found in my stash last night

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:38 pm
by gosselin2112
This will be so much fun

But I do feel a bit naked, as my stash is 2,000 miles away from where I am presently located. But I will be retrieving it in a few weeks. No need to fear, my model building hunger has allowed me to develop a mini stash

Just in case.
Being an armor builder, I may just do something different. Perhaps a plane

I will have to go rummaging in the stash and see what I can find . . .
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:07 pm
by Lee
Paul wrote:Gav0909 wrote:MAUS should qualify! They were developed during the war and I think there were completed units built, there is one in a museum somewhere, which I believe is more or less complete.
I was going on this info, it was trialled but never saw service.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus
Going by that then it's fine for the GB Norm but, I'd rather see you build an aircraft just for kicks

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:19 pm
by schweinhund227
I'll do the Dornier... Just for kicks...
LOL sorry for all the Cheese and the whine !
I sent a PM with a Plane of mine! maybe you've seen it ?
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:20 pm
by Lee
schweinhund227 wrote:I'll do the Dornier... Just for kicks...
LOL sorry for all the Cheese and the whine !
I sent a PM with a Plane of mine! maybe you've seen it ?
Got no PM norm!
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:41 pm
by bullgill67
I'm in with the airfix 1/72 mustang when i can get hold of one.
off to Glasgow in a fortnight so i will pick one up there hopefully
michael
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:41 pm
by Paul
schweinhund227 wrote:I'll do the Dornier... Just for kicks...
LOL sorry for all the Cheese and the whine !
I sent a PM with a Plane of mine! maybe you've seen it ?
I think you should build both norm

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:52 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
A WW2 group build is right down my alley, have plenty of models in my stash to enter this GB.
Well, i have something in mind but i´m afraid i have to order something (which my bank account might not like but hey, this is my first group build i will enter so forget it!).
I saw a great picture in a book today (i know, what a coincidence!), which shows some German Panzer III´s rolling over some Soviet guns (mainly F22) in the mud with pleny of empty artillery shells on the ground. I think this would look pretty dramatic and dynamic and should not be to complicated alltogether. Just my first thought, i might change it but if this happens i´ll let you know.
I like the ideas the others posted here, this will be very nice

Prost!
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:53 pm
by Paul
HamilkarBarkas wrote:A WW2 group build is right down my alley, have plenty of models in my stash to enter this GB.
Well, i have something in mind but i´m afraid i have to order something (which my bank account might not like but hey, this is my first group build i will enter so forget it!).
I saw a great picture in a book today (i know, what a coincidence!), which shows some German Panzer III´s rolling over some Soviet guns (mainly F22) in the mud with pleny of empty artillery shells on the ground. I think this would look pretty dramatic and dynamic and should not be to complicated alltogether. Just my first thought, i might change it but if this happens i´ll let you know.
I like the ideas the others posted here, this will be very nice

Prost!
That will look awesome, look forward to seeing that

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:13 pm
by schweinhund227
Lee wrote:schweinhund227 wrote:I'll do the Dornier... Just for kicks...
LOL sorry for all the Cheese and the whine !
I sent a PM with a Plane of mine! maybe you've seen it ?
Got no PM norm!
I see it in my OUT BOX... it should be there by now ???
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:14 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
That will look awesome, look forward to seeing that

We will see, first i have to order a F22 field gun kit (ICM and Bronco have it, might go for the Bronco one although it is more expensive) and maybe some artillery shells for the floor. I already have a Dragon/Cyberhobby Panzer III G in my stash and i don´t think i will need many figures, if any at all.
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:37 pm
by Nige201980
I've got two WWII builds on the go at the mo ( tamiya fock wulf 190 A3 and the tamiya mustang III) so if I finish those I might do the revell mossie that I'm trying to rescue that I messed up.
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:47 pm
by schweinhund227
Nige201980 wrote:I've got two WWII builds on the go at the mo ( tamiya fock wulf 190 A3 and the tamiya mustang III) so if I finish those I might do the revell mossie that I'm trying to rescue that I messed up.
Do you have something in mind for this GB ??? something that you would like to build with us ?
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:07 pm
by Nige201980
Only the mossie unless I can find anything in the shops if not ill do the mossie but might try some battle damage on it.
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:09 pm
by Nige201980
The mossie is in bits at the mo took it all apart and striped the paint well most of it so its in a bit of a sad shape if its ok to do this.
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:38 pm
by SuperDryBeef
Just in time for my Bismarck.
Norm BUILD A SHIP!
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:40 pm
by Lee
SuperDryBeef wrote:Just in time for my Bismarck.
Norm BUILD A SHIP!
Will be great to have a floaty thing or two in the GB

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:52 pm
by DC87
I will build the Airfix 1/72 Vosper MTB and depict it during the Channel Dash.
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:18 pm
by 5Craven
DC87 wrote:I will build the Airfix 1/72 Vosper MTB and depict it during the Channel Dash.
Ohh Great choice!

A fantastic classic kit build and looks amazing once put together. I will follow this build with interest.
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:43 pm
by schweinhund227
Lee wrote:SuperDryBeef wrote:Just in time for my Bismarck.
Norm BUILD A SHIP!
Will be great to have a floaty thing or two in the GB

The last Ship I built is in a Maritime Museum back home! The Revell Corvette Blue Bell. I build that back in 1985. Never again! LOL. Maybe a submarine one day! When a big Enough Kursk is made!
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:03 pm
by SuperDryBeef
Never again! LOL.
May I ask why?
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:05 pm
by Lee
Right, I've decided......Almost
I've whittled it down to either.......Great Wall Hobby 1/48 FW189 A2 or Tamiya 1/48 Mossie FB Mk.VI or Tamiya 1/48 Bristol Beaufighter Mk VI or Eduard 1/48 Lavochkin LA-7
I'll get there

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:44 pm
by schweinhund227
SuperDryBeef wrote:Never again! LOL.
May I ask why?
It is just way too demanding! Don't forget! It's my own opinion! Not trying to discourage anyone! Ships will always fascinate me! It is just way too much work! I took 2 1/2 years to get my Blue Bell out the door.... That's why she is in a museum! LOL
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:20 am
by JDMMODELS
This will be my first GB. Sounds like a great time. I am going to build the Revell 1:72 Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C. Everyone have fun and KUTGW.
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:09 am
by coladito1
Ok so think I might be able to enter, I don't know what I will build to enter but here are some possibilities (all Aircraft):
1/48 Airfix Seafire
1/72 Tamiya IL-2 Sturmovik
1/48 Hobbyboss Hellcat F6F-3
1/48 Tamiya Corsair F4U-1A
All of these kits were won or given to me, so aftermarket is a must!

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:06 pm
by schweinhund227
coladito1 wrote:Ok so think I might be able to enter, I don't know what I will build to enter but here are some possibilities (all Aircraft):
1/48 Airfix Seafire
1/72 Tamiya IL-2 Sturmovik
1/48 Hobbyboss Hellcat F6F-3
1/48 Tamiya Corsair F4U-1A
All of these kits were won or given to me, so aftermarket is a must!

That's actually great news Luis !

Re: Group Build list
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:37 pm
by Gav0909
Nige201980 wrote:I've got two WWII builds on the go at the mo ( tamiya fock wulf 190 A3 and the tamiya mustang III) so if I finish those I might do the revell mossie that I'm trying to rescue that I messed up.
Funny, I had built my Revell Mossie as well, and then ripped bits off it and stripped it! Its been repainted now and looks better than before so all is good!
Luis, I vote for the Seafire, if only because its a dream to build, despite me having ripped mine apart its still building back up beautifully.
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:57 pm
by Nige201980
Gav0909 wrote:Nige201980 wrote:I've got two WWII builds on the go at the mo ( tamiya fock wulf 190 A3 and the tamiya mustang III) so if I finish those I might do the revell mossie that I'm trying to rescue that I messed up.
Funny, I had built my Revell Mossie as well, and then ripped bits off it and stripped it! Its been repainted now and looks better than before so all is good!
Luis, I vote for the Seafire, if only because its a dream to build, despite me having ripped mine apart its still building back up beautifully.
I mess up the wheel bays when I came to fit the wheels they wouldn't go to tell the truth I wasn't happy with it so I decided to start again. I think I'm going to do battle damage like if it has flown through a blast or something and stripped paint off ( well I'm going to try lol )
Re: Group Build list
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:52 pm
by gosselin2112
gosselin2112 wrote:This will be so much fun

But I do feel a bit naked, as my stash is 2,000 miles away from where I am presently located. But I will be retrieving it in a few weeks. No need to fear, my model building hunger has allowed me to develop a mini stash

Just in case.
Being an armor builder, I may just do something different. Perhaps a plane

I will have to go rummaging in the stash and see what I can find . . .
So. . . it was a toss up between Hasegawa's 1/48 Japanese "Frank" or Academy's 1/72 TBF-1 Avenger. My workbench is a little cluttered at the moment, so I am going with the Avenger. Nice little kit to not distract me from my other builds going on simultaneously.
One more day. . .
