Tamiya 1/48 De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI - Build Report

Members own YouTube channels, post links to your latest uploads.

Message Paul or Lee about getting your own channel section and forum.

Your YT forum will be deleted if no activity after 2 years.
Post Reply
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Tamiya 1/48 De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI - Build Report

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Hello guys,

Here's a link to my latest video just to show you all and let you know that today, I finally got a start on my "Mossie"....yippeeee skippeeee!!!

My apologies for the camera motion, but I have to go out and get myself a tripod / stand to set up at the side of my work area- dining table at the moment until I set up my workspace area that is presently an office....some rearrangements are required.

Those with motion sickness.....be warned!



Cheers and happy modeling!

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
gilly07
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Re: Tamiya 1/48 De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI - Build Repor

Post by gilly07 »

UKguyInUSA wrote:Hello guys,

Here's a link to my latest video just to show you all and let you know that today, I finally got a start on my "Mossie"....yippeeee skippeeee!!!

My apologies for the camera motion, but I have to go out and get myself a tripod / stand to set up at the side of my work area- dining table at the moment until I set up my workspace area that is presently an office....some rearrangements are required.

Those with motion sickness.....be warned!



Cheers and happy modeling!

Martin
Rite on Martin good show mate..got the same plane im going to start dis weekend for gb
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Tamiya 1/48 De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI - Build Repor

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Did you open the box yet? It's a beautiful kit. I'm building out of the box, no added extras.....this will be my 7th build....so I just want to be more comfortable and confident with my skills and technique before I delve into the realms of the etched brass and resin after market products.

It's such a gorgeous design.....a lot of those British WW.II aircraft and such beautiful lines.

Enjoy building her mate.....I know I will mine!

Cheers,

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Tamiya 1/48 De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI - Build Repor

Post by UKguyInUSA »

gilly07 wrote:
UKguyInUSA wrote:Hello guys,

Here's a link to my latest video just to show you all and let you know that today, I finally got a start on my "Mossie"....yippeeee skippeeee!!!

My apologies for the camera motion, but I have to go out and get myself a tripod / stand to set up at the side of my work area- dining table at the moment until I set up my workspace area that is presently an office....some rearrangements are required.

Those with motion sickness.....be warned!



Cheers and happy modeling!

Martin
Rite on Martin good show mate..got the same plane im going to start dis weekend for gb
While researching the Mossie on line the last few days. I came across this 3D artist illustration that is section through to give you a view of the internal structure and gubbings....I thought it was pretty cool. http://features.cgsociety.org/newgaller ... _large.jpg
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
gilly07
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Re: Tamiya 1/48 De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI - Build Repor

Post by gilly07 »

UKguyInUSA wrote:
gilly07 wrote:
UKguyInUSA wrote:Hello guys,

Here's a link to my latest video just to show you all and let you know that today, I finally got a start on my "Mossie"....yippeeee skippeeee!!!

My apologies for the camera motion, but I have to go out and get myself a tripod / stand to set up at the side of my work area- dining table at the moment until I set up my workspace area that is presently an office....some rearrangements are required.

Those with motion sickness.....be warned!



Cheers and happy modeling!

Martin
Rite on Martin good show mate..got the same plane im going to start dis weekend for gb
While researching the Mossie on line the last few days. I came across this 3D artist illustration that is section through to give you a view of the internal structure and gubbings....I thought it was pretty cool. http://features.cgsociety.org/newgaller ... _large.jpg
No I didn't open the box yet but looking forward to it. By looking at your I knw its going to be fun cnt wait.I won't start it tell I get my Churchill 2nd coat on then start my plane. ..I hope I can post my pisz on here now
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Tamiya 1/48 De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI - Build Repor

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Guys, I made a video update- report # 2 following on from my update to describe where I'm at with My "Mossie" and posted it on Youtube. Not too much progress, while I concentrate on some wheel assembly finishing details- Here's the link-



These HD cameras show everything....I should have shaved and put a clean shirt on before I made it! Ohhh....and the lump that appeared on my left eye upper lid, shows more than I thought it did. Not looking forward to having that removed :( I better get my wife to try and hide it with some make-up for my next video presentation.

Cheers, :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Tamiya 1/48 De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI - Build Repor

Post by Lee »

Can you please make sure you post this in the youtube section in future as this is for ISM's Step by step builds only :th:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
Post Reply

Return to “Members YouTube Channels”