1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Whether its tracked or wheeled, this is the place for it
Post Reply
Tamiyasnob
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 7:11 pm
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire UK
Contact:

1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Post by Tamiyasnob »

DSC_0114.jpg
some shots of one of my latest buids in progress,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: 1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Post by Coen »

I haven't built any modern armour, but the Merkava has always been one that I had my eye on.
I've got a soft spot for the Leopard II as well.
I must say that yours certainly inspires.
It's looking great. Any plans for a vignette or a diorama?
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: 1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Post by Lee »

Looms great TS.... :D

I did a review of the HobbyBoss Mk IIID Merkava a couple of days ago, will be posting up on YT this week - Probably the best looking AFV of all time (to me anyways )
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
Tamiyasnob
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 7:11 pm
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire UK
Contact:

Re: 1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Post by Tamiyasnob »

Thank's for the feedback' I am shortly to start the Academy Merkava IV, not sure about a diorama I don;t weather my armour that much. As you say the Merkava has a brutish quality all of it,s own.
User avatar
T3hGuppy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3467
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:20 pm
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: 1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Post by T3hGuppy »

Been eyeing one of these tanks up to build too.

Awesome job!
On the bench

Too much to list. !!


Youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/bnealuk
Tamiyasnob
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 7:11 pm
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire UK
Contact:

Re: 1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Post by Tamiyasnob »

Hi, it,s a good kit, but the rubber band style track,s are terrible!. They are very tough with very little give.I had a hell of a job fitting them. Personally If I built this kit again I would replace the track,s with aftermarket one,s. Will post some more shot,s when it,s finished.
corpsman23k2
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:10 am
Location: Philadelphia Pa

Re: 1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Post by corpsman23k2 »

Great looking merkava love IDF armor
On the bench 1/350 Regan CVN76
Frank
User avatar
peaceduringwar
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:29 pm
Location: Delaware, United States
United States of America

Re: 1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Post by peaceduringwar »

Great looking Merkava, this is one of the tanks on my to build list.
Chris
Image
Why must I have insufficient funds?

On the Bench:
1/72 Italeri B-25B
1/48 Tamiya A6M2-N
1/350 Dragon Ohio Class SSBN
1/700 Tamiya IJN Kinu
Post Reply

Return to “Armour & Military Vehicles”