Page 1 of 1

1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:05 pm
by Tamiyasnob
DSC_0114.jpg
some shots of one of my latest buids in progress,

Re: 1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:12 pm
by Coen
I haven't built any modern armour, but the Merkava has always been one that I had my eye on.
I've got a soft spot for the Leopard II as well.
I must say that yours certainly inspires.
It's looking great. Any plans for a vignette or a diorama?

Re: 1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:19 pm
by Lee
Looms great TS.... :D

I did a review of the HobbyBoss Mk IIID Merkava a couple of days ago, will be posting up on YT this week - Probably the best looking AFV of all time (to me anyways )

Re: 1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:32 pm
by Tamiyasnob
Thank's for the feedback' I am shortly to start the Academy Merkava IV, not sure about a diorama I don;t weather my armour that much. As you say the Merkava has a brutish quality all of it,s own.

Re: 1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:42 pm
by T3hGuppy
Been eyeing one of these tanks up to build too.

Awesome job!

Re: 1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:52 pm
by Tamiyasnob
Hi, it,s a good kit, but the rubber band style track,s are terrible!. They are very tough with very little give.I had a hell of a job fitting them. Personally If I built this kit again I would replace the track,s with aftermarket one,s. Will post some more shot,s when it,s finished.

Re: 1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:14 pm
by corpsman23k2
Great looking merkava love IDF armor

Re: 1/35th Academy " MERKAVA III

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:42 am
by peaceduringwar
Great looking Merkava, this is one of the tanks on my to build list.