Page 1 of 1

Spraybooth, wich lighting.

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:51 pm
by peppie
I have build myself a spraybooth, and it works great.
It's something like a box with sides and a roof. Against the roof I have 2 small TL-tubes for lighting, but it's not enough.
So now I can only use it when I have enough daylight. That means, with work and all, I can only paint in the weekends.
Don't know about you guys, but that's not enough for me :D

Can you please share with me what lighting you use, maybe show me your setup. Would be great :bow::

Thanks
Peter (the desperate painter.. :violin: )

Re: Spraybooth, wich lighting.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:22 pm
by peppie
Guess nobody uses lights in their spraybooth then :think:

Re: Spraybooth, wich lighting.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:41 pm
by Paul
I use a triple tube lightcraft light

Re: Spraybooth, wich lighting.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:43 pm
by Lego
Most people make a homemade booth using a clear see through plastic like these:-

Image

You attach the fan at the back and so on. This way you can put lights above or at the sides without the worry of getting spray onto the light. The clearer they are the better to see through obviously.

The problem with the in-booth light is they get covered in paint or are usually crap.

Re: Spraybooth, wich lighting.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:32 am
by cameron123
This thread reminds me I need to make a spray booth! But maybe I should get a airbrush first.. :oops:

But I have heard people use shoeboxes.. Which seems like a simple homemade alternative. And for lighting I would use something cheap.. Since it is probably going to get paint on it and will probably need replaced earlier than expected.

Re: Spraybooth, wich lighting.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:00 pm
by schweinhund227
Lego wrote:Most people make a homemade booth using a clear see through plastic like these:-

You attach the fan at the back and so on. This way you can put lights above or at the sides without the worry of getting spray onto the light. The clearer they are the better to see through obviously.

The problem with the in-booth light is they get covered in paint or are usually crap.

I have a (similar) translucent set up and that's how I feed lighting into my Spray booth...
No need to clean the bulbs or having HEAT build up from the lamps, that would dry my paint too fast...
Good idea by the way Lego. I may convert to something similar to yours.... as mine has become a tad too small !

Re: Spraybooth, wich lighting.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:35 pm
by peppie
Paul wrote:I use a triple tube lightcraft light
U use only light from the top then? No problems with shadows?
Looks clear in your video's though. U got special tubes in that, I heard something about daylight tubes :think:

Re: Spraybooth, wich lighting.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:41 pm
by Paul
peppie wrote:
Paul wrote:I use a triple tube lightcraft light
U use only light from the top then? No problems with shadows?
Looks clear in your video's though. U got special tubes in that, I heard something about daylight tubes :think:
No they are daylight tubes, very bright, I also have no trouble with dust as my spray booth is awesome :thumb2:

Re: Spraybooth, wich lighting.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:59 pm
by peppie
Great, thanks man. :th:
Now I know I just have to get a bigger unit with more and brigther tubes. Thought I needed side lights as well.
Going to look for one now

I also have no problems with getting paint on the lights.
I have build my own spraybooth, just using a part off my desk wich I boxed off with tho side panels and a "roof". Is about 2 feet wide and 2 feet high, so nice and roomy for the bigger kits.
I put in a unit you normally put above your kitchen stove (I don't know the English name..) with double motor, on it's side in the back. Almost hard to get the paint on the kit. :lol:

Thanks guys :clap: