Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

User avatar
Bridon
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:16 pm
Location: Dorset (UK)

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Bridon »

Looking good...looking forward to seeing how you tackle the Tartan as well :shock:

Brian
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

Thanks guys. I've barely even started the hair yet.
I did do the shading on his skin though.... I just have way too much light on in the pictures.
Sorry Dan, I should have used better lighting, a modeller I am, a photographer I ain't.
:shock:tartan!
longlance67
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Galway, Ireland

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by longlance67 »

Micheal,

very nice work mate, he is coming along very nicely :cheers2:



shane
On the Bench:
Trumpeter Stryker ESV
Hobby Boss 1/48 F18 Hornet
1/72 Dragon King Tiger with Zimm
28mm Napoleonic project
28mm Norman Conquest of Ireland painting project

My Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/longlance67
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Lee »

That sir is looking like the dogs dangly bits....!!!

Can't wait to see you sweat over that tartan :D
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
gosselin2112
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 2:18 am
Location: Manchester, Newhampshire USA

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by gosselin2112 »

Nice work, Michael. Mr. Campbell looks like someone I wouldn't want to mess with.
User avatar
jmar829
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:06 pm
Location: Bloomington, IN, U.S.A.

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by jmar829 »

You should scratch build some chest hair. LOL! :dance:
If you're going through hell...keep going.
–Winston Churchill


:fly2:
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

Hahaha!!!!! Nice one hahaha. Any suggestions as to how I do that haha.
User avatar
wappynutter
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2256
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. UK
Great Britain

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by wappynutter »

Ginger..... gotta be Ginger chesthair Mike.....
..... and as you have only arm hair that will have to do.... just trim a bit and CA it on mate...... :th:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Will there be a video update of this for the tips section??
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Good luck.
:cheers2:
Regards Andy...Image
YouTube Channel..... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRdZFBjr6oO-T-2ydSB4HIg
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Hmmmm I don't think so Andy haha.
I think he'll just have to be one of those freakishly smooth and sexy celts. haha.
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

Let there be TARTAN!!!!
So Mr. Campbell has finally got his Tartan on.
It took something like two hours and it's not as good as I hoped it would have been.
There are a few spots that I like it, others that look like crap, but the overall effect is ok.
It will do.
Haha.
So next I'll put a bit of a satin sheen on his skin to smooth it out, then start picking out all the details.
I'll finish off with the ground work.
Here's some shots and a video of me muddling my way through it.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image



[youtube]OjZOqPRTf2c[/youtube]
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Schoof »

:jd: :jd: :jd: :jd: :jd: :jd:

You did that al by hand ?????? WOW :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: Master i`m not worthy
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

No Sebastian I did it with a paint roller. haha.
Yup... did it by hand. It was crazy hard too.
I won't be trying that again.. that's for sure.
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Schoof »

Coen wrote:No Sebastian I did it with a paint roller. haha.
Yup... did it by hand. It was crazy hard too.


:cry: :cry: i ment maybe you sprayed the blue and then did "only" the green by hand ......... but that would need an insane masking job...... hhmmmm..... never mind me ........ nOOb thinking out loud :lol:
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Nige201980 »

:jd: :jd: i watch the video and it looked great on that but it looks even better in the photos buddy.
And Harvey says that looks GOOD lol
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

Schoof wrote:
Coen wrote:No Sebastian I did it with a paint roller. haha.
Yup... did it by hand. It was crazy hard too.


:cry: :cry: i ment maybe you sprayed the blue and then did "only" the green by hand ......... but that would need an insane masking job...... hhmmmm..... never mind me ........ nOOb thinking out loud :lol:

I was just teasing ya Sebastian... Sorry buddy.
I meant for that to be a joke... I really suck at jokes.

Thanks Nigel... and thank you very much Master Harvey Sir!!!! :th: :th: :th:
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Paul »

Damn that tartan looks great mike, I think you did a superb job on it :th:
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

I like it too... I wish my hands were steadier, I would have been able to keep the lines straighter and smaller, but they shake a bit and once in a while they'll twitch.
But it's as good as I can make it.
Thanks Paul!!!!
User avatar
Rob
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1892
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:02 pm
Location: Kent, UK

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Rob »

Wow! That is brilliant brushwork, it looks absolutely fantastic :cheers2:
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

Oh I could have done better ten years ago, when my hands didn't shake and my eyes were better.
It's better than a Colonoscopy though ")
User avatar
Rob
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1892
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:02 pm
Location: Kent, UK

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Rob »

True that! :ooops:
User avatar
T3hGuppy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3467
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:20 pm
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by T3hGuppy »

Cracking job on the tartan dude.

Its looks like tartan so i'm convinced!!!

Patterned cloth is one on the hardest things to pull of on a figure. :th: :th: :th: :th:
On the bench

Too much to list. !!


Youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/bnealuk
User avatar
JayCub
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:58 pm
Location: Wicklow Ireland

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by JayCub »

as always looking great Mike, superb job on the tartan very life-like, will be a real stunner when finished.
Tom
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Lee »

I'm seriously impressed with that Mike! Hats off to you for even thinking to attempt tartan mate....:th:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

Thanks guys...
And Lee... If I ever think of doing it again... shoot me. :pistols:
User avatar
alextheblue
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2679
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 am
Location: Slough, United Kingdom
Contact:
Scotland

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by alextheblue »

I was browsing through the active topics, and there he was.........Mr Campbell!! He's back!!!

And dude, was it worth the wait!!!!!!! You knocked that tartan right out of the park!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow:: :bow:: :bow::

Amazing brush skills, the flow of the tartan really brings the fabric to life. Really like the detail in the hair as well, the tones and highlights you've used are spot on - you can tell this guys conditions!! :banana:

Is there anything that you're not good at!! :th:
"Courage is feeling fear and acting anyway."

www.alextheblue.com
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

Haha... there are thousands of things that I'm not good at Alex.. until I read your comment I though figure painting was one of them.
This is REALLY hard!!!
Lee and Paul have me earning my keep with this one.
AND I'M TOTALLY HOOKED!!!!
I love this!!!
It also scares the snot outa me haha.

I was back at him this morning... did most of the detail work on him.
There's a bit of clean up here and there left to do and I want to change the colour on the wood handle for the axe and the bone for the knife in his belt, but these are just the base colours. That's why they're all so flat and dull looking.
Now I need to add the tones, then some drybrushing, and washes.
Then I think that I'll call him done.
Oh... I know that it's hard to see... but his tattoo is a two headed dragon.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Schoof »

:jd: :jd: :jd: :jd: :jd: :jd: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow::
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Paul »

Awesome dude :cheers2: I take it thats a decal?
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

Nope... free hand painted it.. that's why it looks like shyte haha.
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Paul »

Coen wrote:Nope... free hand painted it.. that's why it looks like shyte haha.
Eh eh calm down lol

I think it looks good mate, i thought it was a decal :th:
User avatar
alextheblue
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2679
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 am
Location: Slough, United Kingdom
Contact:
Scotland

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by alextheblue »

Tartan and now tattoo's!! Surely they've got to be two of the hardest things to paint and you've nailed them both!!

He shoots, he scores!!! :banana: :banana:
"Courage is feeling fear and acting anyway."

www.alextheblue.com
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Lee »

TATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Awesomeness mate!
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Schoof »

Coen wrote:Nope... free hand painted it.. that's why it looks like shyte haha.

Yes i got you now.... You're joking again ! You must be joking ! You are joking am i correct ? :jd: :jd:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow::
:cheers2: :th: :th: :th: :th: :th: :cheers2:
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

Haha... no... no joke.
I should have used a decal.. I never thought of that until Paul mentioned it.
I think that it would have been cheating a bit though.
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Schoof »

Coen wrote:Haha... no... no joke.
I should have used a decal.. I never thought of that until Paul mentioned it.
I think that it would have been cheating a bit though.

And you are still doubting your skill as a free hand painter........ DON'T
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Nige201980 »

:jd: :jd: :jd: thats my jaw broke and my eyes have popped out that is truly STUNNING work mate my hat goes of to you buddy
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
User avatar
HamilkarBarkas
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: "Augschburg" Augsburg/Germany

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by HamilkarBarkas »

I think you should do some more figures in the future...because this one looks simply amazing :) Exquisit work on the tartan and tatoo, thats something i could not do as i´m a terrible free hand painter. well done sir :bow::
User avatar
pikos
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Thessaloniki Greece
Greece

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by pikos »

I'll go with HamilkarBarkas. Please do more! It's amazing work, hard to believe it's your first figure. :clap:
On the bench:
Tamiya Matilda Mk.III/IV 1/35 (diorama)
Airfix Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 1/48
Tamiya Porsche 959 1/24
User avatar
Rob
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1892
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:02 pm
Location: Kent, UK

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Rob »

it keeps getting better! Great work and a steady hand
:cheers2:
longlance67
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Galway, Ireland

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by longlance67 »

:jd: :jd: :jd:

Oh my, he is a work of art Micheal,

amazing free hand work

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:


Shane
On the Bench:
Trumpeter Stryker ESV
Hobby Boss 1/48 F18 Hornet
1/72 Dragon King Tiger with Zimm
28mm Napoleonic project
28mm Norman Conquest of Ireland painting project

My Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/longlance67
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

Thanks fellas, he's just my first figure at the intimidating 120mm scale... bigger is even scarier.
I've painted probably 200 1/35 figures to varying degrees of crappy. haha.
I find 1/35 harder to paint the 120mm.
User avatar
HamilkarBarkas
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: "Augschburg" Augsburg/Germany

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by HamilkarBarkas »

Coen wrote: I find 1/35 harder to paint the 120mm.
I feel the same way! Most likely its because the 1:35 scale figures lack some detail compared to the bigger ones. The more detail you have the easier it is to paint for some reason.
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Gav0909 »

First of all, awesome job on the camo there Mike! That is top drawer work.

Now I am going to give you some suggestions of things I would be looking to do with this model now, which is mostly related to the skin tones. So take this as you wish, their not criticisms but some tips you might find handy for a better finish.

First thing I notice is that the skin tone doesn't vary much. Now I don't know if the skin is finished yet, but given you have added the tattoo I assume it more or less is.

So here is what I would consider doing now.

1. Add some more shading to the skin. Now this needs to be subtle, and built up somewhat, and the best colours to use are simply darker mixes of the main skin tone. Water this down quite a bit and only add it to places you want shading. So under his pecs, under his arms, in the crook of his elbows etc etc.
2. Also, take a darker tone and thin it down to almost a wash and add this to the intersection between the skin and items. So where the gold band on his arm is, and the leather cuff, and where the tartan meets the skin. Darken these areas somewhat to add some contrast in these areas. Now I agree that this is perhaps not hugely accurate to how such things look on real skin, but at scale on figures it works better.
3. I would then add some slight highlighting to the raised areas to compliment the added shading. So on his pecs, shoulders, etc. By adding some more highlighting and more shading you will create a bit more contrast over the skin tone, which deepens it, but without darkening the skin tone itself.

Hope you find that helpful, if you want some more tips on how to do this etc then just give me a shout. I am by no means an expert and skin tones are the most difficult bit of figure painting, but I have been doing it for years on my war gaming figs.
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

Those were excellent tips Gav, much appreciated buddy.
So no worries there.
Believe it or not.. I've already done most of what you just said... just not enough to defeat the washing out effect of the lights that I have on him in the pictures.
I'm a crap photographer, I always have trouble with my lighting. It's like it has a life of it's own sometimes.
I hold the subject in my hand and it all looks cool... then I take a picture of it and it's turned green from the lights on the ceiling that I forgot to turn off. Or the lights I have on are too harsh and all the shading goes poof.
I didn't want to go too crazy with the tones as I didn't want him to look like an American football player with the black gunk under his eyes, or one of those painted ladies in the magazines. All artificial colours that are out of place.
My problem is I didn't go far enough. He needs more.

I just put a semigloss coat on him and I'm going to experiment with some sculpting washes that I used to use in art school.
Maybe that will make a difference.

Thanks Gav!!!
User avatar
Rob
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1892
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:02 pm
Location: Kent, UK

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Rob »

Art school? Blimey! :dance:
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

Oh that was a really really long time ago Rob.
I didn't exactly fit in either.
Picture a 6'2" 240lb ex body builder, martial arts nut with a bigtime conservative streak, trying to fit in at a school full of artists.
Not the happiest time of my life. It didn't last long.
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Coen »

I got the first coat of washes on Mr. Campbell this morning. Some Vallejo Sepia on the ground work.. mostly because I wanted to see how it looked.
A burnt umber oil wash on his skin and a light burnt umber filter on his clothing.
I even added some freckles by adding really finely ground brownish red pigment particles to the wash then flicking away most of it.
Some even look like a couple moles.
They are too small for my crappy camera to pick up.. at least I can't see them.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Paul »

That tattoo is so damn cool lol :cheers2:
User avatar
HamilkarBarkas
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: "Augschburg" Augsburg/Germany

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by HamilkarBarkas »

gorgeous!! :bow::
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: Pegaso Models Highlander Clan Campbell Ne Obliviscaris

Post by Nige201980 »

he looks great mate and i have to agree with Paul that Tattoo looks amazing
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
Post Reply

Return to “Builds”